i-Spy Community Project

1 view

Jennifer Peterson

Aug 29, 2011, 9:37:19 PM8/29/11
to global-educat...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone!

Look forward to this year's conference in November. I hope to participate as a volunteer once again and plan to get our school community more involved in 2011. In the meantime, I wanted to take advantage of this list of talented professionals to introduce the i-Spy Community project my colleagues at Graded - The American School of Sao Paulo and I have developed. We are ready to make it global and collaborative! (though we have not yet opened it up to the twittersphere...)

 We are looking to involve a small number of geographically and culturally diverse schools that are able to commit to the project. This will ensure a high-quality experience for all participating school. The project aligns with a social studies unit on communities and is appropriate for students in grades 1 to 3. This 4-week project will run during the month of October.

Please feel free to pass this on to teachers at your school that may be interested. They can join the project by following the instructions on the project wiki. Should you have questions not addressed on the project wiki, please feel free to contact me.

Best,
Jennifer Peterson

--
Academic Technology Coordinator
Graded - The American School of São Paulo

Lucy Gray

Aug 29, 2011, 9:41:11 PM8/29/11
to global-educat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jennifer -

Good to hear from you! I'm not sure if you're ready to go this public, but if you post your project in the discussion forum on the Global Education Collaborative (http://globaleducation.ning.com), you might find some takers. I usually tweet out recent posts from there as well. Let me know if this would be of use to you.

For those who may not have noticed, Steve has integrated the conference info into the Global Education Collaborative, and we expect that the call for proposals to open up fairly soon. Steve is in Melbourne right now, I think, and is busy, but I anticipate things to get rolling shortly.

Take care,

Lucy Gray

--
To stay connected https://sites.google.com/site/globalcollaborationconference/home