What an amazing week it has been. Wow! Thank you to all of the speakers and moderators at the 2010 Global Education Conference. Here are some quick notes:
1. We are in HIGH need for moderators starting early tomorrow! Because we extended the times on the final day, we have more speakers than moderators for most time slots. And we could really use Spanish, Romanian, and even Russian moderators. You don't have to be a pro--just willing to help and comfortable with the basics of Elluminate.
If you can help out, please come into the conference virtual lounge when you can rather than signing up anywhere. We need moderators approximately 20 - 30 minutes before sessions start at the top of the hour, and then to stay for the hour sessions. If you come into the lounge near the top of the hour, know that we're usually scrambling to get everything ready for sessions and we are more able to answer individual questions and give help about ten minutes after sessions have started.
2. We're going to have a "Closing Celebration" at the end of the conference Friday at 12 noon US Pacific / 3pm US Eastern / 10pm GMT. We'll have a virtual party, share great stories and moments from the conference, and encourage you to give "awards" to each other (hoping you'll be creative!). We also want to be able to relax a bit and thank so many of you for the incredible job this week.
Please do use the Twitter hashtag #globaled10 and spread the word about these final sessions and the closing celebration!
3. We've got some statistics for the conference as of Thursday night, 10pm US Pacific / 6am GMT. It is really fun to think of what we've accomplished together.
Logins for the week: 13,670
Session hours for the week: 7,621
Website hits: 30,505 visits this week / 49,378 for November.
4. We want to build a volunteer "hall of fame." Those of you who have been volunteer moderators for the 2010 Global Education Conference have been absolutely TERRIFIC and we want to recognize you. Here's where we plan to do so: http://www.globaleducationconference.com/moderator-hall-of-fame.html.
If you are already on the list on this page, we want to add a photo of you. Please send us the URL of a photo of you on the web we can link to (it's really much harder if you send an actual picture--if you've got a picture on the web, it's easy to code into the page). Please don't be shy and send a quick email to st...@hargadon.com so we can do so. If you are not on this list, we drew it from the names submitted through the booking system--so if you stepped in to helpwithout a formal booking, email us as we want to add you!
5. We have been posting the recording as quickly as we can each day and hope you find them useful. Spread the word! http://www.globaleducationconference.com/recordings.html
Again, our sincere appreciation for your participation in the conference.
All our best,
Steve Hargadon and Lucy Gray
2010 Global Education Conference Co-Chairs
If you have questions or concerns contact bbcollab...@blackboard.com.
To stay connected https://sites.google.com/site/globalcollaborationconference/home
Main website: http://www.globaleducationconference.com/
Conference strands: http://www.globaleducationwiki.com/
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Global Education Conference" group.
To post to this group, send email to
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to