Information for Advisory Board Members - IMPORTANT! Please read!

1 view

Lucy Gray

Nov 8, 2011, 7:07:49 AM11/8/11
to global-educat...@googlegroups.com
Hi GEC Board Members -

Cheers to our Advisory Board Leadership Team whom have been busy vetting proposals, translating materials, creating trailers, recruiting conference attendees and the like! Steve and I are indebted to you.

Also, thanks to all who were able to make our recent online meetings! We will be posting the meeting recordings shortly to the board group within our conference community: http://globaleducation.ning.com/group/2011globaleducationconferenceintladvisoryboard. This is the main group for our board. Please join it if you have not already done so, or you will miss out on important announcements. We will be retiring our Google Group at the end of this conference.

We are also scheduling our conference follow up board meeting. We will schedule three meetings to take care of time zone issues, and it is our expectations that you join one of these meetings. Please indicate your availability herehttp://www.doodle.com/z6sugzcg7ga2g3si and we'll post meeting times soon.

Finally, we need to make sure that we're clear on our expectations for international advisory board members. Your participation is very much needed and appreciated. Here are ways that you can be actively involved:

International Education Advisory Board Member Roles

  • Actively helping with outreach efforts for the 2011 conference
    • Publicizing the conference within your own institution
    • Reaching out to ministries of education and universities in your home country
    • Utilizing social media to distribute conference materials such as videos and digital posters
    • Adding conference badges to your social media profiles
  • Volunteering to moderate conference sessions
  • Serving as a "super volunteers"
    • This entails taking a 3-5 hour shift and overseeing moderation efforts and the conference lounge
    • Checking on all the upcoming session rooms 30 - 60 minutes before the session start to communicate with session presenters as they arrive.
    • Determining the level of help needed by a presenter (asking them!), then making assignments in the volunteer "lounge" to join specific sessions.
    • Helping troubleshoot problems--don't worry, don't let this scare you. We'll have an FAQ for common problems (slide deck too big, etc.), and we will have additional folks to whom you can go to for help.
    • Contact Steve if you want to be a super volunteer at harg...@gmail.com
  • Providing suggestions for keynotes in a timely fashion prior to conferences
  • Adding resources to the conference wiki
  • Attending collaborative planning meetings

  • Collateral for Distribution:

    November 8 Press Release

    Poster

    Conference Trailer

We are looking forward to your continued involvement with our conference, and hope to see you online next week!

Thanks for your help,

Lucy Gray and Steve Hargadon
2011 Global Education Conference Co-Chairs