"We Collaborate" Contest - Get Blackboard Collaborate (Previously Elluminate) Free for a Year

Steve Hargadon

Jul 4, 2011, 5:41:25 PM7/4/11
to global-educat...@googlegroups.com
We're about to formally announce the 2011 Global Education Conference (hopefully later this week or next week--sign up at the new http://www.globaleducationconference.com to be kept informed) but before we do so I wanted to make this group aware of a contest I'm running as a part of my job at Blackboard.  The contest is connected with the new release of Blackboard Collaborate 11, and we're calling it "Collaborate for Good."

Here's how it works: Join the contest site at http://www.wecollaborate.com, and post a proposal on how you would use a free Blackboard Collaborate room to make a difference for your school, your organization, your community, or the world. Encourage your friends or "followers" to make comments supporting your proposal, with bonus points for cross-posting your ideas on your own blog. Then on August 1st we'll announce ten winners who will each get a free 50-seat room of the new Blackboard Collaborate 11.

Please post a proposal!  I can't wait to see the kind of things you'd like to do.

Steve

Steve Hargadon

Gabriel V

Jul 5, 2011, 3:22:04 PM7/5/11
to Global Education Conference
Sounds like a great contest. I'll head over there and give it a shot.

By the way what virtual classroom technology will we use for Global
Edcon 2011 ?

Thanks,

Gabriel

On Jul 4, 5:41 pm, Steve Hargadon <harga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We're about to formally announce the 2011 Global Education Conference
> (hopefully later this week or next week--sign up at the newhttp://www.globaleducationconference.comto be kept informed) but before we
> do so I wanted to make this group aware of a contest I'm running as a part
> of my job at Blackboard.  The contest is connected with the new release of
> Blackboard Collaborate 11, and we're calling it "Collaborate for Good."
>
> Here's how it works: Join the contest site athttp://www.wecollaborate.com,

Lucy Gray

Jul 5, 2011, 3:33:44 PM7/5/11
to global-educat...@googlegroups.com, Global Education Conference
Blackboard Connect, the new name for Elluminate

Sent from my iPad

> --
> To stay connected https://sites.google.com/site/globalcollaborationconference/home
> Main website: http://www.globaleducationconference.com/
> Conference strands: http://www.globaleducationwiki.com/

> global-education-co...@googlegroups.com

Steve Hargadon

Jul 5, 2011, 3:40:53 PM7/5/11
to global-educat...@googlegroups.com
Actually, it's called Blackboard Collaborate.  :)  The new version, which is the combination of Elluminate and Wimba, should be rolling out this summer.

Steve

Vicki Cobb

Jul 5, 2011, 3:44:28 PM7/5/11
to global-educat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve:

What are the video capabilities of this new thing?

Vicki

No virus found in this message.

Lucy Gray

Jul 5, 2011, 4:19:44 PM7/5/11