Where are we for a 2011 conference?

1 view

dominique hallett

Apr 24, 2011, 12:25:57 AM4/24/11
to Global Education Conference
Just wondering where we stand for a 2011 conference as I want to be as
involved as possible!

Dominique Hallett

Richard Opie

Apr 24, 2011, 2:15:24 AM4/24/11
to global-educat...@googlegroups.com
It was such great value that I fully endorse Dominique's email and wish to volunteer as well.

Richard L. Opie

Sent from my iPad

> --
> To stay connected https://sites.google.com/site/globalcollaborationconference/home
> Main website: http://www.globaleducationconference.com/
> Conference strands: http://www.globaleducationwiki.com/

> global-education-co...@googlegroups.com

Lucy Gray

Apr 24, 2011, 8:47:32 AM4/24/11
to global-educat...@googlegroups.com
Hi All -

Stay tuned for information on this year's conference. Steve and I just need to find time in our busy schedules to finalize our plan. Just about everything with the conference will remain the same, but we need to find a better method of managing various mailing lists and because both of us have changes in our work situations, we potentially have to come up with a plan for sponsorship.

We're also starting a global ed webinar series and our first event took place last week, courtesy of iEARN. More details to come... again, this is something that is a work in progress.

I continue to be amazed at how GlobalEdCon is a gift that that keeps giving. I'm still going through the archives and finding gems in that treasure trove. It was such a lovely experience, and I'll never forget the vibe in the closing session  vroom. GlobalEdCon would have never happened without the work and passion of you all! Thank you again.

At any rate, hopefully we'll have more to discuss in coming weeks... start thinking about presenting a session and how you can help us get the word out to your ministries/depts of education and other education related organizations in your home countries.

Thanks,

Lucy Gray
Conference Co-Chair

Atif Hussain

Apr 24, 2011, 4:19:21 PM4/24/11
to global-educat...@googlegroups.com
Am looking forward to it already Lucy.
Would you be interested in my school being a sponsor from Egypt? I really want my school to get involved in it this year. Last year the conference fell in the Eid festival holidays and that affected the Muslim world as most schools and places are off :-)
Atif
Egypt

Anne Dotson

Apr 24, 2011, 9:17:44 PM4/24/11
to global-educat...@googlegroups.com
It is good to hear from Atif and know that all is well with him.  We have thought about you a lot, Atif.

Anne C. Dotson
SWSD - Tech Integration
Google Certified Teacher
Google Apps Certified Trainer
http://www.google.com/profiles/u/0/annedotson#about
"Appreciation is a wonderful thing; it makes what is excellent in
others belong to us as well."  - Voltaire