Global Education Conference wrap up

Julie Lindsay

Nov 24, 2010, 9:01:21 PM11/24/10
to global-educat...@googlegroups.com, global...@edna.edu.au, lindsa...@gmail.com, Steve Hargadon, Lucy Gray
Dear all

As the Chair of the Educator Advisory Board, and also on behalf of conference chairs, Steve Hargadon and Lucy Gray, I wish to thank everyone for their support and contributions leading up to and during the event.

Unique in concept and implementation, this event has managed to change the way many of us view what a conference is and can accomplish. I wish to also commend conference participants for their ability to work within an evolving structure and to contribute from many areas of the world through technology scaffolding.

Some statistics, if you have not seen these yet:
This free event took place entirely online using the videoconferencing tool, Elluminate. Everything went relatively smoothly with 15,028 unique logins, 8,372 hours of presentations attended, and 32,681 web site visits just this week.

Sessions were recorded and can be viewed at your leisure on the conference web site.

Don't forget to review and contribute to the conference wiki as well.

Also, if you were a moderator, please send a pic to add to the Moderator Hall of Fame

Also, we encourage you to review the Conference Website regularly for updates and news about future events!

Thank you once again!  I met many amazing and dedicated people and know we will stay in touch from now on.

Julie
_________________________
"Creating the Future"
Julie Lindsay, MA (Music), MA (ETL), ADE 
E-Learning Coordinator
Beijing (BISS) International School
Tel: +8610 6443 3151/2/3
Mobile: +86 13521205978
Director Flat Classroom™ Projects
http://flatclassroomproject.net
http://flatclassroomconference.com
lindsa...@gmail.com
Twitter/Skype/Delicious: julielindsay
Blog: http://123elearning.blogspot.com
Wiki: http://julielindsay.wikispaces.com

Lucian

Nov 26, 2010, 7:48:12 AM11/26/10
to Global Education Conference
I am sure that Global Education Conferece open gateway through
knowledge for teachers worldwide . If you missed #edtech20
presentation on #globaled10 read here or listen the recordings and add
comments . http://teacherluciandumaweb20.blogspot.com/2010/11/global-education-conference-2010.html

On Nov 25, 5:01 am, Julie Lindsay <lindsay.ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all
>
> As the Chair of the Educator Advisory Board, and also on behalf of
> conference chairs, Steve Hargadon and Lucy Gray, I wish to thank everyone
> for their support and contributions leading up to and during the event.
>
> Unique in concept and implementation, this event has managed to change the
> way many of us view what a conference is and can accomplish. I wish to also
> commend conference participants for their ability to work within an evolving
> structure and to contribute from many areas of the world through technology
> scaffolding.
>
> Some statistics, if you have not seen these yet:
> This free event took place entirely online using the videoconferencing tool,
> Elluminate. Everything went relatively smoothly with 15,028 unique logins,
> 8,372 hours of presentations attended, and 32,681 web site visits just this
> week.
>
> Sessions were recorded and can be viewed at your leisure *on the conference
> web site* <http://www.globaleducationconference.com/recordings.html>.
>
> Don't forget to review and contribute to the conference wiki
> <http://www.globaleducationwiki.com/>as well.
>
> Also, if you were a moderator, please send a pic to add to the Moderator
> Hall of Fame<http://www.globaleducationconference.com/moderator-hall-of-fame.html>
>
> Also, we encourage you to review the Conference
> Website<http://www.globaleducationconference.com/index.html>regularly
> for updates and news about future events!
>
> Thank you once again!  I met many amazing and dedicated people and know we
> will stay in touch from now on.
>
> Julie
> _________________________
> "Creating the Future"
> Julie Lindsay, MA (Music), MA (ETL), ADE 
> E-Learning Coordinator
> Beijing (BISS) International School
> Tel: +8610 6443 3151/2/3
> Mobile: +86 13521205978
> Director Flat Classroom™ Projectshttp://flatclassroomproject.nethttp://flatclassroomconference.com
> lindsay.ju...@gmail.com
> Twitter/Skype/Delicious: julielindsay
> Blog:http://123elearning.blogspot.com
> Wiki:http://julielindsay.wikispaces.com
>  <http://www.retaggr.com/Card/julielindsay>

dominique hallett

Jan 14, 2011, 3:36:01 PM1/14/11
to Global Education Conference, Julie Lindsay, Steve Hargadon, Lucy Gray
Is there a 2nd conference in the planning? I would very much like to
be involved if there is.
I was a presenter this time around.

Dominique Hallett

On Nov 24 2010, 8:01 pm, Julie Lindsay <lindsa...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Dear all
>
> As the Chair of the Educator Advisory Board, and also on behalf of
> conference chairs, Steve Hargadon and Lucy Gray, I wish to thank everyone
> for their support and contributions leading up to and during the event.
>
> Unique in concept and implementation, this event has managed to change the
> way many of us view what a conference is and can accomplish. I wish to also
> commend conference participants for their ability to work within an evolving
> structure and to contribute from many areas of the world through technology
> scaffolding.
>
> Some statistics, if you have not seen these yet:
> This free event took place entirely online using the videoconferencing tool,
> Elluminate. Everything went relatively smoothly with 15,028 unique logins,
> 8,372 hours of presentations attended, and 32,681 web site visits just this
> week.
>
> Sessions were recorded and can be viewed at your leisure *on the conference
> web site* <http://www.globaleducationconference.com/recordings.html>.
>
> Don't forget to review and contribute to the conference wiki
> <http://www.globaleducationwiki.com/>as well.
>
> Also, if you were a moderator, please send a pic to add to the Moderator
> Hall of Fame<http://www.globaleducationconference.com/moderator-hall-of-fame.html>
>
> Also, we encourage you to review the Conference
> Website<http://www.globaleducationconference.com/index.html>regularly
> for updates and news about future events!
>
> Thank you once again!  I met many amazing and dedicated people and know we
> will stay in touch from now on.
>
> Julie
> _________________________
> "Creating the Future"
> Julie Lindsay, MA (Music), MA (ETL), ADE 
> E-Learning Coordinator
> Beijing (BISS) International School
> Tel: +8610 6443 3151/2/3
> Mobile:+86 13521205978
> Director Flat Classroom™ Projectshttp://flatclassroomproject.nethttp://flatclassroomconference.com
> lindsa...@gmail.com
> Twitter/Skype/Delicious: julielindsay
> Blog:http://123elearning.blogspot.com
> Wiki:http://julielindsay.wikispaces.com
>  <http://www.retaggr.com/Card/julielindsay>

Julie Lindsay

Jan 14, 2011, 7:13:51 PM1/14/11
to dominique hallett, Global Education Conference, Steve Hargadon, Lucy Gray
Hi Dominique

Thank you so much for your participation and interest. Yes! there will be another conference next November. We are planning now.  More information coming soon.
_________________________
"Creating the Future"
Julie Lindsay, MA (Music), MA (ETL), ADE 
E-Learning Coordinator
Beijing (BISS) International School
Tel: +8610 6443 3151/2/3
Mobile: +86 13521205978
Director Flat Classroom™ Projects
http://flatclassroomproject.net
http://flatclassroomconference.com
lindsa...@gmail.com
Twitter/Skype/Delicious: julielindsay
Blog: http://123elearning.blogspot.com
Wiki: http://julielindsay.wikispaces.com

Richard Opie

Jan 15, 2011, 5:15:11 PM1/15/11
to global-educat...@googlegroups.com
I look forward to it.

Richard

Sent from my iPad
--
To stay connected https://sites.google.com/site/globalcollaborationconference/home
Main website: http://www.globaleducationconference.com/

global-education-co...@googlegroups.com

Steve Hargadon

Jan 18, 2011, 6:11:42 PM1/18/11
to dominique hallett, Global Education Conference, Lucy Gray
Make sure you are signed up at http://globaleducation.ning.com to be sure to get notices!

Cheers,

Steve

Steve Hargadon
st...@hargadon.com
http://www.stevehargadon.com
Elluminate Office:  http://tinyurl.com/shoffice
916-899-1400 cell / stevehargadon on Skype & Twitter

Mercedes Viola

Feb 7, 2011, 5:31:32 AM2/7/11
to global-educat...@googlegroups.com, global...@edna.edu.au, Steve Hargadon, Lucy Gray

FYI

Hi all,

Following on from yesterday's successful launch of the Weekend Workshop,
here's a last-minute reminder that the next in our series of webinars takes
place later today at 14.00 CET. The topic this time is English as a Lingua
Franca (ELF) and Vicki Hollett will be moderating a discussion with a number
of leading ELT figures including Mark Powell, Jennifer Jenkins, Barbara
Seidlhofer and many more!

You can find full details of how and where to join here:
http://tinyurl.com/245o7pc

Looking forwarding to welcoming you to this absolutely free event!

Carl

Carl Dowse
IATEFL BE SIG Web Coordinator
carl....@besig.org

Arq. Mercedes Viola Deambrosis

Directora

4D Content English

Circunvalación Durango 1429 of. 501

Montevideo - Uruguay

Tel: (598 2) 9161496

www.4d.edu.uy

P Please consider the planet before printing this email.

Antes de imprimir, piensa en el medio ambiente.