MSICS manual available on iTunes

Stan

May 1, 2013, 9:56:14 PM5/1/13
to global-...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

We are excited to share that we now have fixed the issue with iTunes for both the Aravind manual incision cataract manual with videos and a new manual from the Himalayan Cataract Project that we just uploaded to iTunes.

The issue was that we had submitted them as "textbooks" and apparently these are only available on 5 country stores for iTunes.  After we have resubmitted them as "books" they are now available on all 51 stores that iTunes operates so that no-one should have issues downloading them now.

The links that I have currently are:

Can I have someone outside of the US check these links and see if these links are good for outside the country?  If not, I believe you can find the two manuals by opening iBooks from your iPad and searching for the following:

Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgery

by Dr. G. Natchiar

Standard Operating Procedure Manual For: Modern Small Incision Cataract Surgery

by Sanduk Ruit, Geoff Tabin, Reeta Gurung, Govinda Paudyal & Michael Feilmeier

If others of you are aware of other excellent resources that would be helpful to share, please let me know about those.  We have been in conversation with Aravind and it appears that there is a Spanish version of the Aravind manual that is available.  I am not sure it is digital but we are checking to see about making this more available.

Anyone who is excited about this work and is willing to contribute for further free releases such as these, this support is much appreciated as the development for iPad does involve costs.  The link for this is:  http://www.globalsight.org/latest-news/free-msics-manual.html

Stan

James Salz

May 2, 2013, 2:37:17 AM5/2/13
to global-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks stan
The download of the operating procedures to my Ipad was quick and it looks good. Jim

Jeff Pettey

May 2, 2013, 10:55:43 AM5/2/13
to global-...@googlegroups.com

Stan,

At Moran we are trying to support SICS and international training in US residencies.  Specifically we are trying to understand what predicts international involvement beyond training and what factors hinder involvement

Would love if you and any other US residency grads in the group can take three minutes to give us your thoughts and answer a few questions.

Quick three minutes, we will share the results with the group.  Here is the link:

http://tinyurl.com/bnfll7t

Cheers,

Jeff H Pettey

Assistant Professor