Re: [Global cataract discussion 32] Digest for global-cataract@googlegroups.com - 5 Messages in 1 Topic

Glenn Strauss

Mar 28, 2013, 6:02:59 AM3/28/13
to global-...@googlegroups.com
Me too.
Glenn

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 5:47 AM, <global-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/global-cataract/topics

    baxter mclendon <baxterm...@yahoo.com> Mar 27 04:54AM -0700

    Stan,
    You can sign me up. Thanks.

    Baxter McLendon

    baxterm...@yahoo.com1-803-632-1699

    --- On Wed, 3/27/13, Stan <sple...@globalsight.org> wrote:

    From: Stan <sple...@globalsight.org>
    Subject: Re: [Global cataract discussion 26] MSICS Online Education
    To: global-...@googlegroups.com
    Date: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 1:27 AM

    Dear all,
    Sorry for the delay.  I am excited to say that we are near completion of the MSICS online classroom which we hope to have ready to release at ASCRS next month.
    I will send the link shortly to anyone who has replied to this thread and has interest in participating.  So far I have heard from Dr. Yee and Dr. Peggy Chang (Guatemala), Dr. Gallarreta (Uruguay), Dr. Sitki(Turkey), Dr. Pettey (USA), and Dr. Mohideen (India)

    Let me know if anyone else is interested in this initial involvement as we start it up.

    The site allows one to easily link any Youtube video that you have to show to the community.  So if you have any videos that you would like to share, please place them on Youtube and we can easily link them up.  If there are videos that are not on Youtube, we can also upload them as well, but we will try to allow Youtube to host most of the videos for ease of management.

    In addition, it will be easy to upload an article or powerpoint presentation.
    Thanks for all that have commented and encouraged this to move forward.  We'll look forward to this being a wonderful collaboration ground.

    Stan

    On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Marcelo Gallarreta <mgall...@gmail.com> wrote:

    2013/3/13 B.S. A. <bekirsi...@gmail.com>

    Dear Stan, This is a wonderful idea.I wait for the instructions. Regards. Bekir Sıtkı Aslan,Ankara Turkey

    2013/3/13 Stan <sple...@globalsight.org>

    Dear group,
    We are beginning to create an online classroom for teaching and learning the tips and tricks of performing MSICS.  (this is not to infer that we are hoping folks will just learn online and then go out and practice without supervision)   However, we are paralleling a project that ASCRS is creating to make an online Phaco classroom.

    I am collecting videos of all potential variations for each step of the procedure.  I would like to have a video library which contains the best variations for each step.
    For instance, we will have short videos of all variations for ways capsular opening is done, variations of incisional construction, variations of nucleus prolapse, variations of nucleus extraction etc.

    We will also want videos of entire procedures with the intricacies explained however that will be a separate library.
    If you have videos of your cases or would be able to produce some that could be utilized for this collection, please respond to this email.  If you are interested in helping construct this online MSICS classroom or have other ideas for this project, please respond as well so that we can discuss it in our group.

    Thanks,
    Stan Pletcher

    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/global-cataract?hl=en.

    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/global-cataract?hl=en.

    Dear StanExcellent idea !Greetings from UruguayMarcelo Gallarreta

    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/global-cataract?hl=en.

    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/global-cataract?hl=en.

    doki...@yahoo.com Mar 27 12:34PM

    Hi Stan and Others
    I think this addition to Cataract Surgery training is great. I would love to be included in the circulation list when its ready.
    Ayo Bello
    Nigeria

[...]

    miguel mavila <miguel...@hotmail.com> Mar 27 07:31PM -0500

    Stan; you can sing me up too, thank you. Miguel Mavila MD Ophthalmologist Lima-Peru
    Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 04:54:07 -0700
    From: baxterm...@yahoo.com
    To: global-...@googlegroups.com

[...]

    doki...@yahoo.com Mar 28 04:46AM

    Dear Stan,
    I would like to share this great idea with my colleagues in Nigeria. Please sign me up.
    Ayo Bello
    Nigeria

    Stan; you can sing me up too, thank you. Miguel Mavila MD Ophthalmologist Lima-Peru
    Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 04:54:07 -0700
    From: baxterm...@yahoo.com
    To: global-...@googlegroups.com

[...]

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group global-cataract.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

Glenn and Kim Strauss
www.HelpMeSee.org
www.Straussministry.org

Clavenna, D.O., George

Mar 28, 2013, 9:35:53 AM3/28/13
to global-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Stan,
Please sign me up for the MSICS classroom.
Thanks,
George Clavenna

From: Glenn Strauss <glennandk...@gmail.com<mailto:glennandk...@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:02 AM
To: "global-...@googlegroups.com<mailto:global-...@googlegroups.com>" <global-...@googlegroups.com<mailto:global-...@googlegroups.com>>
Subject: Re: [Global cataract discussion 32] Digest for global-...@googlegroups.com<mailto:global-...@googlegroups.com> - 5 Messages in 1 Topic

Me too.
Glenn

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 5:47 AM, <global-...@googlegroups.com<mailto:global-...@googlegroups.com>> wrote:
Today's Topic Summary

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/global-cataract/topics

* [Global cataract discussion 26] MSICS Online Education/ Reply [5 Updates]

[Global cataract discussion 26] MSICS Online Education/ Reply<http://groups.google.com/group/global-cataract/t/31c94d7c5055ad13>

baxter mclendon <baxterm...@yahoo.com<mailto:baxterm...@yahoo.com>> Mar 27 04:54AM -0700

Stan,
You can sign me up. Thanks.

Baxter McLendon

baxterm...@yahoo.com1-803-632-1699<mailto:baxterm...@yahoo.com1-803-632-1699>

[...]

Hi Stan,

My best regards from Peru and congratulations for this iniciative.
I am interest in participating. Please, include myself in the list.
Thanks,

Manuel Pérez Martinot (Manolo)
Lima-Peru
mpe...@iosacrocuore.com<mailto:mpe...@iosacrocuore.com>

El 27/03/2013, a las 00:27, Stan escribió:

> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/global-cataract?hl=en.

Manolo Pérez Martinot

miguel mavila <miguel...@hotmail.com<mailto:miguel...@hotmail.com>> Mar 27 07:31PM -0500

Stan; you can sing me up too, thank you. Miguel Mavila MD Ophthalmologist Lima-Peru
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 04:54:07 -0700
From: baxterm...@yahoo.com<mailto:baxterm...@yahoo.com>
To: global-...@googlegroups.com<mailto:global-...@googlegroups.com>

Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 04:54:07 -0700
From: baxterm...@yahoo.com<mailto:baxterm...@yahoo.com>
To: global-...@googlegroups.com<mailto:global-...@googlegroups.com>

[...]

You can post via email<mailto:global-...@googlegroups.com>.

Glenn and Kim Strauss
www.HelpMeSee.org<http://www.HelpMeSee.org>
www.Straussministry.org<http://www.Straussministry.org>

comp...@aol.com

Mar 28, 2013, 10:49:49 AM3/28/13
to global-...@googlegroups.com
Please sign me up as well.  Thanks

Lawrence Platt

.

Jose Gallardo L

Mar 28, 2013, 11:05:28 AM3/28/13
to global-...@googlegroups.com
Por favor tmar en cuenat mi participacion para enviar algun video para estas actividades de cirugia d epequeña incision manual en Santa Cruz-Bolivia.

Marcel Awoussi

Mar 28, 2013, 11:21:21 AM3/28/13
to global-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Stan,
I am also interested.
Regards.

Marcel S. AWOUSSI

JHU, School of Public Health

+1 520 272 4621

Ramiro López Montoya

Apr 3, 2013, 1:50:25 PM4/3/13
to global-...@googlegroups.com
B uenos Dias
Para informarle que tenemos una pagina en la cual pueden ver nuestros videos de cirugia de catarata pequeña incision manual www.acmc.org.mx yo realizo una tecnica de lazo o trampa con nylon 4-0 lo pueden ver en la pagina o youtube solo ponen como titulo facoseccion asa de nylon cualquier comentario estoy a sus ordenes en siguiente correo ramiro...@hotmail.com o celular movil 6699120759
Dr Ramiro Lopez Montoya
Cirujano Oftalmologo
Mazatlan Sinaloa Mexico

Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 11:05:28 -0400
Subject: Re: [Global cataract discussion 35] Digest for global-...@googlegroups.com - 5 Messages in 1 Topic
From: josegal...@gmail.com
To: global-...@googlegroups.com

feli...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2013, 3:04:37 PM4/3/13
to global-...@googlegroups.com
Acabo de ver tu video, me parece excelente idea y tecnica para que la incision sea mas pequeña. Estaremos en contacto y la pondremos en practica.
Gracias
Enviado desde mi BlackBerry de Movistar

From: Ramiro López Montoya <ramiro...@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 10:50:25 -0700

Ramiro López Montoya

Apr 3, 2013, 3:50:28 PM4/3/13
to global-...@googlegroups.com
Buenas tardes felipe
el video que vio la incision es de 6.0 mmm , con esta tecnica una vez que se adquiere experiencia puede realizar usted incision de 4 mm y hacer triseccion en vez de biseccion
yo uso como viscoelastico hialuronato de sodio al 1.6 porciento proteje mejor el endotelio corneal y cuando uno extrae los pedazos del nucleo se mantiene formada la camara anterior
saludos

To: global-...@googlegroups.com
From: feli...@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 19:04:37 +0000

Felipe Torres Villanueva

Apr 4, 2013, 8:22:58 AM4/4/13
to global-...@googlegroups.com
Muchas gracias, voy a practicar tu técnica me parece una muy buena variación. Saludos

2013/4/3 Ramiro López Montoya <ramiro...@hotmail.com>

--
Dr. Felipe Torres

Ahmad Abd-Allah

Jan 1, 2016, 4:03:46 PM1/1/16
to Global Cataract Discussion Group

Dear Stan,
This is a wonderful idea.I will wait for the instructions.
Best Regards,
Ahmad Abdallah, Egypt.