Immediate Availability of Aravind MSICS book

Stan

Nov 29, 2012, 10:13:55 PM11/29/12
to global-...@googlegroups.com
I'm happy to report to this group that finally you are able to download the Aravind MSICS book with all of its videos on iTunes.  It is for iPad.  The information for downloading it is here:

If you do download it for the iPad, keep in mind that it takes a while to download as it is fairly big given that there are many videos embedded in it.

Stan

maria...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2012, 10:47:45 PM11/29/12
to global-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot...

Mariano Yee
Guatemala
Aquí estoy! desde mi BlackBerry® de Tigo

Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 22:13:55 -0500
Subject: [Global cataract discussion 3] Immediate Availability of Aravind MSICS book

Stan

Nov 30, 2012, 12:59:11 AM11/30/12
to global-...@googlegroups.com
Glad that it is helpful, Mariano!

Perhaps when you have time, you can tell the listserv group a bit about how you all do MSICS in Guatemala City and if you are teaching the procedure and what your experience is.  Victoria Sheffield has only great things to report about your program!

Stan

mgall...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2012, 6:20:35 AM11/30/12
to global-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Stan ! Greetings from Uruguay.
Marcelo Gallarreta
Montevideo
Uruguay
Enviado desde mi BlackBerry device de Ancel.

Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 22:13:55 -0500

feli...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2012, 7:40:51 AM11/30/12
to global-...@googlegroups.com
Great idea to share surgical and clinical experiences. No matter if it is simple or complex. Thanks

Felipe
Enviado desde mi BlackBerry de Movistar
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 00:59:11 -0500
Subject: Re: [Global cataract discussion 5] Immediate Availability of Aravind MSICS book

James Salz

Nov 30, 2012, 12:13:58 PM11/30/12
to global-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I was able to download this to my non apple desk top but it won't open so I am not sure that is an option. the error message says this file can't be opened and to open it on I Books so I will try it on my I Pad.
Jim Salz
James J. Salz, M.D,
11620 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 711
Los Angeles,CA 90025

Stan

Dec 1, 2012, 12:51:12 AM12/1/12
to global-...@googlegroups.com
Jim,

Yes - we have explored downloading the document into iTunes on the computer and it doesn't seem to work.  It does work for iPad which is what it is written for.

We are currently exploring using an ePub format for the book.  We have one that we can release, but the catch is that the videos are not included.  Using this ePub format may be more ubiquitous for folks to use on other forms of tablets, eReaders or on a PC or MAC.

We recognize that everyone does not have an iPad however we started with this as the format due to the number of videos that needed to work on it and the iPad and this format does so well with videos.

Stan

James Salz

Dec 1, 2012, 1:02:00 AM12/1/12
to global-...@googlegroups.com, Villasenor Rick
Hi: I finally downloaded the book and it is great.  Don't even try to do it until you have version 5.1.1 on your I Pad and don't bother trying to do this on a Windows based computer. You can download it but it won't play. We owe our colleagues in India our warmest thanks and congratulations for putting this excellent book with videos together for all of us interested in Mission Charity Cataract surgery and I am sure we will be able to put the techniques to use on our own cases when we find very dense brown to black cataracts.
Jim Salz

Stan

hes.oftalmologia.lpd

Dec 1, 2012, 6:22:18 PM12/1/12
to global-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm trying to download the book, but i couldn't because i live in dominican republic; when i go to my iTunes account i get a warning that the book is only available to United States.

Sirley Vidal Claros

Dec 1, 2012, 7:09:07 PM12/1/12
to global-...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

Thank you for this information.

Best regards

Sirley

Stan

Dec 1, 2012, 11:25:23 PM12/1/12
to global-...@googlegroups.com
Can anyone outside of the United States confirm whether they could download the book?  We are not aware of restrictions but would like to know for sure.

Stan

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 6:22 PM, hes.oftalmologia.lpd <hes.oftalm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to download the book, but i couldn't because i live in dominican republic; when i go to my iTunes account i get a warning that the book is only available to United States.

James Salz

Dec 1, 2012, 11:27:56 PM12/1/12
to global-...@googlegroups.com
My friend Rick Villasenor is trying to download to an I-Pad in Mexico so hopefully he will report soon.
Jim Salz

Geronimo Alazard

Dec 2, 2012, 12:03:38 AM12/2/12
to global-...@googlegroups.com, global-...@googlegroups.com
Change your country of the iTunes acount and download a book.

Geronimo Alazard
Argentina

Enviado desde mi iPhone