CGGA expsn 502 Gateway error, TCGA subtype calc, TCGA Ag,HG,Rseq all same pheno txt files

r p

Nov 3, 2022, 12:39:59 AM11/3/22
to GlioVis - Data Visualization Tools for Brain Tumor Datasets

I tried to download the CGGA expression data, but the server timed out.  Based on the # of samples, I expect it might be much larger than the TCGA data files, and therefore is causing a server or gateway issue.  I noticed a similar post in the community forum, GlioVis user group. I used 'Explore' tab, 'Tumor Type: All', 'Download complete dataset > Download expression data'), and got the error message "502 Bad Gateway The server returned an invalid or incomplete response." Is this a known issue that will not be fixed soon?

The TCGA pheno data 538 sample files have 3 subtypes, no neural.  Did you recalculate the subtypes or did you download from the source this way?

I just noticed that regardless of the pheno dataset related to TCGA I intended to download from your site, I always get one set of 538 samples in a 72kb text file, even though according to your home page HG-UG133A has 528 samples, Agilent-4502A has 489 samples, and RNA-Seq has 156 samples.  I got to the download button two different ways with the same results: 1) Explore>Summary>Dataset download, or 2) Explore>Survival>Dataset download.  The expression files are all vastly different sizes, so I expect them to be accurate.  Am I downloading the pheno files improperly, or is this a glitch in the system?