sys_clone compile error

EBo

Jul 8, 2010, 1:06:06 PM7/8/10
to Glendix
I just got a bug report for the glendix-sources ebuilds and patched the
various oddities.

While testing I found that kernel support for Plan 9 binaries fails to
compile due to number of arguments mismatch in the call to sys_clone in
plan9/syscalls.c. Can anyone explain that?

Also, what version are the current changes in the mercurial database?

Thanks and best regards,

EBo --

Anant Narayanan

Jul 8, 2010, 3:23:38 PM7/8/10
to gle...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 10:06 AM, EBo <e...@sandien.com> wrote:
> While testing I found that kernel support for Plan 9 binaries fails to
> compile due to number of arguments mismatch in the call to sys_clone in
> plan9/syscalls.c.  Can anyone explain that?

It is quite likely that the kernel interface to clone() has changed.
Again. The last known working kernel version we compiled against was
2.6.31. No doubt, we need an update. A fix should be trivial (most of
the time they just shuffle arguments around), but I won't be sure
until I take a look.

- Anant

EBo

Jul 8, 2010, 7:50:41 PM7/8/10
to gle...@googlegroups.com

If you would take a look that would be great. The interesting thing is
that the problem exists in 2.6.31 and 2.6.29 as well. It might be a
problem with the new headers -- I'm running with linux-headers-2.6.30-r1

EBo --