Glendix-per process namespace status

Priyanka Sharma

Jul 7, 2009, 5:44:51 AM7/7/09
to plan9...@googlegroups.com, gle...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

This week I had implemented mount() system call in glendix.
My approach is first call sys_unshare()  with CLONE_NEWNS flag which will create the new namespace and then I call linux sys_mount() simply.
Currently I am calling mount system call in linux with MS_BIND flag to be safe. Which will work for mount --bind .
Right now I am working on assembly test program of mount to test the implementation.
I have to call  sys_plan9_mount() system call implemented in glendix as it is called in plan9.

In this week I am going to work on testing of mount and bind() system call implementation.

--
Thanks & Regards
Priyanka

J.R. Mauro

Jul 7, 2009, 9:08:05 PM7/7/09
to gle...@googlegroups.com, plan9...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 5:44 AM, Priyanka
Sharma<sharmap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> This week I had implemented mount() system call in glendix.
> My approach is first call sys_unshare()  with CLONE_NEWNS flag which will
> create the new namespace and then I call linux sys_mount() simply.
> Currently I am calling mount system call in linux with MS_BIND flag to be
> safe. Which will work for mount --bind .
> Right now I am working on assembly test program of mount to test the
> implementation.

Are you putting code for this in the master Glendix hg repo? I'd like
to poke around at it.

Rahul Murmuria

Jul 7, 2009, 9:48:49 PM7/7/09
to gle...@googlegroups.com
Priyanka can use a branch. Just like my slashnet branch. That way all
the stuff will be there in the hg repo, yet it will not affect the
main line of things. Once you are confident of your code, it can be
merged with main tree.

@Mauro: I agree that code should be on hg.glendix.org . Until she does
that, why dont you poke around in my slashnet? I could use a hand with
this right now... :-)
(sorry I still have not added #ifdef BROKEN ops->connect #endif so the
broken code will still create trouble at runtime. I have not commit
anything in a long time... Have been on a long holiday across our
planet... )

Hopefully I'll return to my project soon, it about time I took this forward.

@Priyanka: Have fun with Glendix!
--
Rahul Murmuria

J.R. Mauro

Jul 7, 2009, 9:51:55 PM7/7/09
to gle...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 9:48 PM, Rahul Murmuria<rahul....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Priyanka can use a branch. Just like my slashnet branch. That way all
> the stuff will be there in the hg repo, yet it will not affect the
> main line of things. Once you are confident of your code, it can be
> merged with main tree.
>
> @Mauro: I agree that code should be on hg.glendix.org . Until she does
> that, why dont you poke around in my slashnet? I could use a hand with
> this right now... :-)

Unfortunately working more than full time. Can read/comment, but no
time for real development :(

Priyanka Sharma

Jul 8, 2009, 3:16:33 AM7/8/09
to gle...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rahul and Mauro

Anant asked me to put my code : http://bitbucket.org/kix/glendix-namespaces/
so I am use to push my changes there only. Whatever I do, if it works or not but I push each progress there because it would be helpful for Anant to see what am I doing.