kernel updates and ebuilds

EBo

Jan 31, 2010, 5:52:38 AM1/31/10
to gle...@googlegroups.com

One of the requests on the ToDo list was to update the kernel and
patches. I am currently working on updating the patches and kernel
to 2.6.32, and have prototype ebuilds for 2.6.29, 2.6.31, and 2.6.32.

For starters I am using genpaches with both the base and extra
patches. I have opted to do this because quite a number of security
and bug fixes are handled upstream and I do not have to worry about
them. Is this acceptable to people? If this is unacceptable I can
security patches would be beneficial. For more about genpaches see:

http://dev.gentoo.org/~dsd/genpatches/about.htm

After communicating with Jorge Manuel Vicetto, I have decided to put
the ebuilds onto gentoo-sunrise until I find a gentoo developer
and/or get write status. If the group would like to see my work
uploaded somewhere else, please let me know.

Best regards,

EBo --