gentoo portage overlay status?

4 views
Skip to first unread message

EBo

unread,
Nov 20, 2009, 4:59:05 AM11/20/09
to glendix
What is the status of the Gentoo portage overlay? I see that the last
time-stamped ebuilds are all from 20070308. Is that effort stalled?

EBo --

EBo

unread,
Nov 23, 2009, 2:28:14 AM11/23/09
to glendix
I see that powerman has an update to inferno as of 3 days ago. How
much of the old plan9 overlay does this cover, if any?

Thanks,

EBo --

Anant Narayanan

unread,
Nov 27, 2009, 9:09:50 AM11/27/09
to gle...@googlegroups.com
> On Nov 20, 4:59 am, EBo <e...@sandien.com> wrote:
>> What is the status of the Gentoo portage overlay?  I see that the last
>> time-stamped ebuilds are all from 20070308.  Is that effort stalled?

Yes, I think the effort is stalled since my resignation as a gentoo
developer, I simply did not (and do not) have the time to maintain the
ebuilds. I'll be happy to help if you're willing to take over
ownership, though!

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 12:58 PM, EBo <e...@sandien.com> wrote:
> I see that powerman has an update to inferno as of 3 days ago.  How
> much of the old plan9 overlay does this cover, if any?

The Plan9 overlay did not contain any inferno ebuilds, however, I
think it might be a good idea to combine the two efforts so we have a
single place to get all inferno/plan9 related software on Gentoo.

Cheers,
Anant

EBo

unread,
Nov 27, 2009, 2:43:41 PM11/27/09
to gle...@googlegroups.com, Anant Narayanan
Anant Narayanan <an...@kix.in> said:

> > On Nov 20, 4:59�am, EBo <e...@sandien.com> wrote:
> >> What is the status of the Gentoo portage overlay? �I see that the last
> >> time-stamped ebuilds are all from 20070308. �Is that effort stalled?
>
> Yes, I think the effort is stalled since my resignation as a gentoo
> developer, I simply did not (and do not) have the time to maintain the
> ebuilds. I'll be happy to help if you're willing to take over
> ownership, though!

How about I commit for the time being. I still have to see if I can wrap my
thesis around this (which is looking more likely all the time ;-)

When I get 10 minutes for unwind/play I'll take a look at updating your old
ebuilds.

Anant, do you have the time/willingness to function as a gentoo mentor? I
would like to get my developers status out of the way (however I have to pull
the -- cannot realy get started for a couple more weeks thing again...)

> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 12:58 PM, EBo <e...@sandien.com> wrote:
> > I see that powerman has an update to inferno as of 3 days ago. �How
> > much of the old plan9 overlay does this cover, if any?
>
> The Plan9 overlay did not contain any inferno ebuilds, however, I
> think it might be a good idea to combine the two efforts so we have a
> single place to get all inferno/plan9 related software on Gentoo.

powerman has a google code site <http://code.google.com/p/inferno-os/> and his
overlay has a category dev-inferno (which is probably not appropriate for the
plan9 stuff). I have commit privileges on the sunrise overlay, so maybe that
would be a good place to house the new stuff.

> Cheers,
> Anant
>
> --
> To post to this group, send email to gle...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
glendix+u...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/glendix?hl=en
>



--



Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages