We're back...

rje

Aug 13, 2010, 8:32:04 AM8/13/10
to glaze Engine
I'm in the middle of a tidy up at the moment. Its a bit of a fresh
start after so long. I'm busy with all the joint/constraints at the
moment, should have them all committed within a week.

There will be a new blog up in a while, and I'm also looking for
people to help out. Obviously different people will have different
ideas about they want from this kind of project. Drop me a mail or
post here if your interested. If you want/have an idea for a feature
then add it to the project issues list (see the Google Code page for
the project).

I'll be committing daily. Things are prone to change atm, hopefully
there will not be too many big changes.

FJGamer

Sep 13, 2010, 3:08:45 PM9/13/10
to glaze Engine
I might be able to help with the blog or with testing the engine.
I'm more of a Flash user (AS3) than a Flex user, though.

Tony Polinelli

Sep 13, 2010, 8:29:16 PM9/13/10
to glaze-...@googlegroups.com
I would REALLY recommend that if you want to continue glaze, that you differentiate it from other engines. One way to do this might be to write it in haxe (haxe.org).  Haxe is the opensource descendant of mtasc. It allows for optimized avm2 output, avm1, c++ native output (windows, mac, linux, iphone, android, webos) and even some canvas support. I use a box2d port in it, but that isnt optimized for the platform - it is just ported via a script. More native physics engines are welcome! - polygonal has been porting motor2 - but not yet released.
Haxe would give you a lot more options, and quite frankly, a reason for it to be used over box2d. You can still use it in flex, as3 projects via swc output too.

just a thought.
cheers
Tony

http://touchmypixel.com