Documentation

Frazko

Jun 1, 2009, 7:33:33 PM6/1/09
to glaze Engine
Hi all!! is there any official documentation like this one fro Erin
Cato: http://www.box2d.org/manual.html but for Glaze o chipmunk...
would the chipmunk's documentation work a little for glaze >??
thanks !

Francisco Murillo

Jun 2, 2009, 3:34:08 PM6/2/09
to glaze Engine
your answer could also be:

No.. there is no documentation..  do it yourself..

2009/6/1 Frazko <fmur...@gmail.com>

Francisco Murillo C.
(506) 8864-1079
http://www.frazko.com

info

Jun 2, 2009, 3:46:46 PM6/2/09
to glaze-...@googlegroups.com
look at the demo's, its not that hard to do. got me up in notime

nuvorm interactief ontwerp en productie

www.nuvorm.nl
in...@nuvorm.nl
+31(0)625498416

Francisco Murillo

Jun 2, 2009, 3:52:30 PM6/2/09
to glaze-...@googlegroups.com
thanks info =P, just wanted to know if the Box2d Doc would work.. if it has similar methods or something.. but I'll check the classes....

Thanks!!

info

Jun 2, 2009, 3:59:07 PM6/2/09
to glaze-...@googlegroups.com
dunno, its a chipmunk port, not sure if box2d is also...guess not.

basically you have to set up a space
set the masslesforce for the space.
add a rigidbody which has a shape to the space. and draw all in the onenterframe loop.

btw rigidbody can have multiple shapes.

if i am not mistaking search for "hello world" glaze example in the forums or goolge, should come in handy to.

Wouter

Francisco Murillo

Jun 2, 2009, 4:24:23 PM6/2/09
to glaze-...@googlegroups.com
What I have read is that Chipmunk is build from Box2D.. please correct me if I am wrong.

I found this on the chipmunk wiki page

Acknowledgments:

  • Box2D:
    • Erin Catto’s Box2D code was the most useful reference that I used when creating Chipmunk. His contact persistence algorithm is the main reason why Chipmunk is so fast.

but have you ever seen any chipmunk docs ??

I have found this one:
It's basic... I have not reviewed deeply yet to see if it is similar to glaze. but plann to... I let you know if it works.... I say this because the C++ Box2D and the Box2DFlash are very similar... you can follow the Erin's manual..

thanks!

Francisco Murillo

Jun 2, 2009, 4:28:37 PM6/2/09
to glaze-...@googlegroups.com
well... I have found the documentation thanks!!!!