Firmoo Review

Ian C

Jan 15, 2010, 1:10:55 PM1/15/10
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
Well, my first experience with Firmoo has been a long one.

I ordered these glasses quite awhile ago. Before Christmas. I can't
remember the exact date, but I actually posted a thread on here
looking for info about Firmoo the day before I ordered them.

Firstt of all, throughout this whole tale the communication from their
support department has been very good. Well, considering they can
hardly type english it has been very good. I can get the just of
what they say lol.

First of all they sent the completely wrong pair of glasses. As in
someone else's order. They figured this out a few days before it was
supposed to arrive and sent an email (those glasses arrived 3 days
after that). Along with that mistake, there was a problem with my
order as well, and they were just getting them shipped out the same
day they sent that email. So... they shipped the wrong order to me,
and were close to 2 weeks behind getting my actual order out. So it's
been over a month to get my glasses.

Now, to make up for this error they did give me a free credit for the
value of the pair I ordered. So I get my glasses, and a free pair
basically. So I consider that an acceptable resolution to the
problem.

I can't say I am overly impressed with the frames. The hinges
appear to have been painted black with what looks almost like spray
paint to match the rest of the frame. So all of that paint is
flaking off. The rest of the frames almost have an appearance like
there was no finishing done on them. EG rough ends etc. They aren't
HORRIBLE, but compared to frames I got from Zenni for the same price,
the Zenni ones were clearly better.

This is the model I ordered with a brown tint: http://www.firmoo.com/eyeglasses-p-1211.html
. They are more of a flat black, and rough looking. No gloss to them
at all. Again, the ones I received looked like an unfinished version
of the one in the photo.

On the plus side, I really wanted this style frame and they were the
only ones that had it in the dimensions I needed (temple length is too
long on the other sites for this style). And they do look good, just
not exactly what I was expecting. The lenses are great, and so is
the tint. AR, antiscratch, and tinting were all very reasonable
rates. The frame appears to be fairly durable.

I will update the review when I see how things go with the ordering/
shipping process on the free pair I am getting. But I definitely
can't give them high marks on that process based on my first order.

Chuck Knight

Jan 16, 2010, 10:53:25 AM1/16/10
to Ian C, GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
From the description, "The three color options in classy black, matte
black and light green may apply to fashion loving youth mainly. "

Might they have sent you the flat black frames, as a second accident?
You did say that your glasses have a flat finish.

-- Chuck Knight

> --
> Check us out at the oft-updated http://glassyeyes.blogspot.com!

Ian C

Jan 16, 2010, 11:50:11 AM1/16/10
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
At the time I ordered them, they said the only ones in stock were the
black (photo'd). Flat black, though I wouldn't have picked it anyway,
wasn't in stock. So I couldn't have ordered it. But judging by the
mess up that happened with the order in general, who knows what
happened in the end?

But I don't really have a huge issue with the flat black. It's just
that the frame is not what I would consider 'great' quality
(comparatively). By 'unfinished' I mean rough edges, and that weird
paint issue I mentioned on the hinges. My previous reviews on the
site include a Zenni review and their $12 frame (similar style) I
bought was definitely better quality.

Again I'll stress that they aren't THAT bad. I posted a review for my
experiences with Zenni and ClearlyContacts though, and was just
posting this for comparison. And as mentioned, I will update the
review when I get the second free pair they offered because of the
shipping issues. I'll see how the process goes a second time
because the first order was not very smooth.

Bottom line, the lenses are good and the frames aren't bad enough to
send back or anything. They resolved the mess with the first order
by offering a free pair of glasses. So I am content. But there
aren't a ton of Firmoo reviews on here, so I thought I should post
this.

Thanks

On Jan 16, 10:53 am, Chuck Knight <chuckkni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> From the description, "The three color options in classy black, matte
> black and light green may apply to fashion loving youth mainly. "
>
> Might they have sent you the flat black frames, as a second accident?
> You did say that your glasses have a flat finish.
>
>      -- Chuck Knight
>

> > Check us out at the oft-updatedhttp://glassyeyes.blogspot.com!

Ian C

Dec 2, 2011, 12:13:14 PM12/2/11
to glass...@googlegroups.com
An amendment to this old review.   I haven't been on here in awhile.  I posted this review after my first order.  I ordered from them them again since though because they had a specific frame that I liked for sunglasses.   I made 3 orders of that frame, and was very happy with the product and service each time.