60.5 PD

wpitman

Sep 24, 2012, 1:23:07 PM9/24/12
to glass...@googlegroups.com
With a 60.5 PD -- is it better to go with 60 or 61? Is the focus point closer with one?

I've used the Zenni formula for converting my normal prescription to reading glasses -- but the book seems a couple inches too close for comfort -- how can I adjust the formula for the focual point to be a couple inches further away?

Paul

Feb 27, 2013, 1:06:47 AM2/27/13
to glass...@googlegroups.com
A PD change of 0.5 mm either way should make no difference in anything.

If you're talking about a nearsighted prescription, I would try increasing it by 0.25 or 0.50. Since you're talking about only 2", I'd go with 0.25.