Never Again from Goggles4u

ginsengjin

Feb 4, 2010, 4:50:17 PM2/4/10
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
It's been 3 years since I've abandoned lenscrafters and started
ordering my glasses online. When you order glasses online, you have to
expect some problems as the downside of getting a great price. However
I have to say that Goggles4u is so consistently bad at matching the pd
measurement that it's not even worth ordering from them anymore. Even
if they get the prescription right, they don't take care to make sure
that the focal points are set properly, creating the "double vision"
problem and making the glasses useless.

3 out of the 4 glasses that I've ordered from them have had this
problem in varying degrees, including the one that I've just received.
We'll see how their customer service will treat me this time but I
would really recommend people NOT to BUY FROM goggles4u.com. They have
good prices and nice frame selection, but I was often disappointed
with their quality. The shipping time for goggles4u is also about 3+
weeks, 1 week to produce 2 weeks to ship. It's just not worth it,
especially when you have many other choices.

tonester

Feb 8, 2010, 3:44:35 PM2/8/10
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
My experience has been much more positive. I've ordered ten pairs or
so from Goggles4u, and I've experienced a PD problem with only one--an
oversized pair of sunglasses (I think the frame has too much curve to
it to be suited to RX lenses, if that makes sense). For the price I
can live with these odds, and they've got the best selection of small-
sized frames, hands-down. That said, my prescription isn't super
strong and it's very straightforward (I have mild-moderate
nearsightedness), and I imagine both of these factors increase the
likelihood that I'll get a product I'm pleased with.

Shay

Feb 9, 2010, 8:56:26 AM2/9/10
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
I've ordered 4 pairs of glasses from googles4u in the past, and the prescription and PD were correct on all 4... now, my prescription is pretty strong, but I only have a slight astigmatism in one eye, so I assume that it wasn't too difficult of a prescription to make.

If they ever start allowing tints on the thinner lenses again, I'll happily buy from them in the future.  My issue is that I have a strong prescription so want to wear 1.61 or 1.67 lenses, but I also need tint because my eyes are light sensitive, and they stopped offering tints on those lenses sometime in the past 6 months or so after I got my last pair of glasses from them.

Shay

ginsengjin

Feb 13, 2010, 11:01:35 AM2/13/10
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
My eyesight has plateaued at ~-4 on both eyes, so I guess my
prescription is on the stronger side. I think what happened when I
received glasses with bad pd measurements was that they matched one
lens with focal point in the center of the lens... and then matched
the other lens to the given pd measurements so that when you put on
the glasses... the focal point doesn't match where your eyes are.
Essentially the focal points are shifted from where your eyes are.
That's the problem I've had. Maybe it's because I like to order
different style frames every time, and maybe the people who had better
luck are ordering more consistent frame styles?

TujuMaster

Feb 9, 2010, 4:38:06 PM2/9/10
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
I was told that the reason I didn't notice that the optical center on
my Goggles4u pair was off was because my prescription is so mild as
well. However, my problems also ran further than just optical
centers. The last two pairs I bought from Goggles4u also had chips in
the lenses. One was an obvious chip right in the center of the lens
and the other was not so obvious and it was in the corner of a pair of
semi-rimless. The quality control is not what it used to be. I'm
sticking with Zenni, Coastal Contacts, and 39dollarglasses.