dark glasses

Oreamnos

Jul 13, 2013, 12:31:02 AM7/13/13
to glass...@googlegroups.com
I received some dark glasses from Goggles4u but they're way too light (Rx, price are good.)  Couple questions:
Anyone try the RIT dye in hot water trick to darken glasses?  (I need them soon.  I ordered medium, dark makes it hard to see road hazards in shade, light is pretty worthless but that's what I got.)

Any recommendations for photosensitive glasses?  I ordered some long ago but think they get lighter with age, they only get 20% dark sitting a while in bright sun.
(I realize they don't get dark when hot or in a car.)  If you've got photosensitive, transitions or similar glasses that get fairly dark when outdoors in direct sunlight please let me know where you got them and any details.  I don't went to spend more for glasses that don't help if on snow or water.

Oreamnos

Aug 25, 2013, 10:45:06 PM8/25/13
to glass...@googlegroups.com
me again, yes RIT dye works, from rite-aid, 1-2 oz per quart, very hot (boiling may warp frame,) brown took awhile to get dark.
Still interested in photochromic, how dark, from where?