CR 39 lens w/ a High Script

Woeful

Sep 14, 2011, 3:49:03 AM9/14/11
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
My script is out of the preferred range for these lenses.

OD -5.25 +0.75 012
OS -5.25 +0.75 150
N.V. OD +2.25

But I want to get line trifocals 8x35 with crizal Sapphire. And Eye
Glasses Direct can only meets these spec's in a CR 39 lens. The frame
will be about 36 mm vertically. Do you think they will be too heavy,
obnoxiously thick? Although appearance means little, weight might
matter.

I could solve this problem by ordering trivex lens, but the trifocals
will be 7x28 with Sharp View AR.

I am buying my titanium frames from Zenni; frames from Eye Glasses
direct.

While these are still pricey, they are much cheaper than buying from
"others."

Sure would appreciate input. Am I just pressing the envelope by
trying to use CR 39 lens for a script range they are not intended to
fill.

THANKS to those who may respond.