Glasses Advice?

Christine

Sep 13, 2011, 3:16:17 AM9/13/11
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
Hello everyone,
I have been wearing glasses since I was 5 and this year decided to
finally order a pair online- mainly because I am a broke college
student. Looking around, I have found some sites don't have either my
sphere or cylinder value. Does anyone have a list of sites that would
carry them? Also could you perhaps advise on addons/ lens thickness/
frame type? E.g. would it be possible to use rimless frames? Any help
is much appreciated. :)

My prescription:
OD -10.75 +4.00 x105
OS -11.25 +4.50 x075

powrwrap

Sep 15, 2011, 10:22:06 AM9/15/11
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
Judging by your prescription numbers you are going to have thick
lenses if you buy standard index lenses. If you want to reduce the
thickness of your lenses you should look into buying glasses with high
index lenses. Even with high index lenses you will probably need a
sturdy frame, so I don't think rimless glasses will work for you.

I can't help direct you to a site that has lenses to fit your
prescription. Your best bet is to go to the sites listed on Ira's blog
site and go through the motions of ordering some glasses, plugging in
your numbers in the prescription box and see if the vendor can
accommodate you.

http://glassyeyes.blogspot.com/

But I suppose you've already tried that. Good luck on your search and
please report back with any news.