Online sites for extreme prescriptions

Kazriko

Nov 4, 2010, 4:31:15 PM11/4/10
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
My wife has a rather drastic prescription. The sphere is worse than
-12 and the cyl is worse than -3. I checked 3 sites and none of them
had everything needed for the prescriptions. Zenni could do the
sphere, but their cyl topped off at -2. goggles could do the cyl, but
topped off at -8 on the sphere. Eyebuydirect matched the cyl, but
topped off at -10 for sphere. Are there any sites out there that can
do both, or can these sites do this but require some sort of custom
handling?

carrots

Nov 5, 2010, 3:31:07 PM11/5/10
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
Possible at coastalcontacs.com

Grz Caro

Mac

Nov 6, 2010, 12:05:46 AM11/6/10
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
39dollarglasses has a function where you can upload the Rx if it
doesnt play well with the drop down menu. They also have live chat
and you can ask there. Thats all I've found so far but I had the same
problem (high cyl) and am still on the lookout for other sites.

RedStickHam

Nov 5, 2010, 6:41:46 PM11/5/10
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
Simplyeyeglasses.com can do a correction up to a -20 on their online
form. My wife has a strong prescription as well and she had a pair of
glasses relensed there and they did a good job. They sell designer
frames and are more expensive than many of the other online shops, but
at least they will do it.

Another thing you might want to do is ask the customer service
departments of any online glasses shop you are looking into if they
can handle the prescription. I contacted one in regards to my wife's
prescription and they told me to just scan it and email it to them and
they'd let me know. Since she just wanted relensing and not new
glasses, she went with Simplyeyeglasses.com so we didn't follow up
with the other place.

Hope this helps.

RedStickHam

RedStickHam

Nov 17, 2010, 4:19:21 PM11/17/10
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
You may want to try GlassesUSA.com. They can do up to a -14sph and
-5cyl. I've bought from them and got good quality glasses, but they
weren't the cheapest one out there. There are discount codes on the
web that might help. They aren't as cheap as some of the others, but
you will save over the stores in the mall.

RedStickHam

Kazriko

Nov 19, 2010, 10:02:20 PM11/19/10
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
Someone pointed out to me that these prescriptions were possible on
most sites, but you have to select a higher index material before it
will show them, so I pretty much have the choice of any of them now.
Thanks for the help.