Symbols in names.

Amanda Marshall

May 9, 2013, 6:55:16 PM5/9/13
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I use glassboard to communicate with fellow players in a game and we are trying to differentiate our sort of 'leaders' so they're easier to identify. However, no symbols will show up on glassboard. Everything from # to ¤ shows up fine in the notification bar on our phones, but inside the app they can not be seen in the people's names. Are there any symbols that will work, and if not, is that compatibility in the works?

Brian Reischl

May 10, 2013, 11:47:56 AM5/10/13
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amanda,
  I tried adding both of those symbols to my name and they showed up fine in the Android app. It does take a little while for changes like that to show up in the app, but I think you can get it to refresh more quickly by force-killing the app and restarting it. Sometimes going to the person's profile helps too.