Known Issues - POST BUGS HERE!!

Jenny

Apr 28, 2011, 4:14:01 PM4/28/11
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
Here's what we know so far is missing from the Android app. If you find any bugs, post them here or to a board that has one of the team as the chairperson (Walker, Me, Nick Bradbury, Nick Harris, Reischl, or Brent Simmons)

  • After creating a new board, you're taken directly to the new board without being asked whether you want to invite people
  • When creating a board invitation, the email entry doesn't auto-complete with emails of users you already know about
  • When viewing board settings, if the email notifications checkbox is unchecked, it may get automatically checked after downloading board settings from our server
  • Unseen comments don't appear any different than seen ones

Jenny

Apr 28, 2011, 5:42:27 PM4/28/11
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
For devices with a keyboard, the orientation doesn't turn so you can type! You have to type like one would eat a taco, from the side.

Glenn Berry

Apr 28, 2011, 5:55:07 PM4/28/11
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
I get an "unable to authenticate" error when I try to login.

Jenny

Apr 28, 2011, 5:56:16 PM4/28/11
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
We jumped the gun on Android, stand by! (AND STOP BUGGING ME GLENN)

Tom Robbins

Apr 28, 2011, 6:05:59 PM4/28/11
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
I guess I'm confused.  I had already created an account using my gmail account cause the group email was going there.  But the invite came to me at NG...   Sorry.

Jenny

Apr 28, 2011, 6:17:11 PM4/28/11
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
No worries Tom, send me your Gmail address and I'll invite you that way!

Tom Robbins

Apr 28, 2011, 6:17:41 PM4/28/11
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com

Brian Reischl

Apr 28, 2011, 7:55:51 PM4/28/11
to Beta Glassboard for Android
It doesn't change orientation on the login screen, which is a bug, but
everywhere else it should.

Brian Reischl

Apr 28, 2011, 7:57:47 PM4/28/11
to Beta Glassboard for Android
I accepted an invite from within the app, via the "You have X
invitations!" link. After accepting the invite I went back to the
board list and didn't see the new board. It did show up after a
refresh.

So I guess my point is: boards you just joined should show up in the
list immediately.

On Apr 28, 2:14 pm, Jenny <je...@sepialabs.com> wrote:
> Here's what we know so far is missing from the Android app. If you find any
> bugs, post them here or to a board that has one of the team as the
> chairperson (Walker, Me, Nick Bradbury, Nick Harris, Reischl, or Brent
> Simmons)
>
>    - After creating a new board, you're taken directly to the new board
>    without being asked whether you want to invite people
>    - When creating a board invitation, the email entry doesn't auto-complete
>    with emails of users you already know about
>    - When viewing board settings, if the email notifications checkbox is
>    unchecked, it may get automatically checked after downloading board settings
>    from our server
>    - Unseen comments don't appear any different than seen ones

Nick Bradbury

Apr 28, 2011, 9:08:39 PM4/28/11
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
Yep, that's definitely a bug - I've added a high-priority ticket for it.

Thanks,
NickB

Mike McGurkin

Apr 29, 2011, 9:18:46 AM4/29/11
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jenny, looks great.
I went in to mod my profile, the First Name field was pop'd with "Invited User"; of course I didn't know it was the First Name field until I backspaced "Invited User" our of there and then the field descriptor pop'd the field.  Same with Last Name field, only it was pop'd with my email address.

Feature Request: There is a separate button to "Invite from Address Book" (or something like that); shouldn't that just be the default when I start typing in that field?  Also, be great to send invites to multiple people at once instead of "invite from add book", find the person, send invite, repeat.

Liking it so far!

Mike McGurkin

Apr 29, 2011, 9:19:01 AM4/29/11
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com

Tom Robbins

Apr 29, 2011, 9:35:06 AM4/29/11
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com

Mike.  I was wrong.  Didn't get an email at tcrobbins4@  gmail.   Send again.

Mike McGurkin

Apr 29, 2011, 9:53:18 AM4/29/11
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
sending

Mike McGurkin

Apr 29, 2011, 9:53:30 AM4/29/11
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
sending

Nick Bradbury

Apr 29, 2011, 10:58:11 AM4/29/11
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback, Mike!  Being able to autocomplete the invitation email from your address book is something I'm planning to do - just haven't figured out how to do it yet :)

Best,
Nick

Brian Reischl

Apr 30, 2011, 7:10:42 PM4/30/11
to Beta Glassboard for Android
Two things:

- A tester reported writing a "really long" post and got errors trying
to post it. Any idea what the max is? Can we indicate it in the UI
somewhere?

- I've noticed that the behavior when clicking a push notification is
inconsistent. Sometimes it takes me to that status, sometimes not.
That "back" button behavior becomes odd too - sometimes it'll take me
back to the boards list, but sometimes it takes me out of the app. I
think it might be related to the state the app was in before I clicked
the notification, but I can't tell for sure.

Vladimir Pervouchine

May 17, 2012, 4:46:29 AM5/17/12
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
When trying to post a photo or a video, any text in Russian characters shows up as question marks.

Brian Reischl

May 17, 2012, 11:09:01 AM5/17/12
to Glassboard for Android
Vladimir,
Interesting, I'll put in a bug report for that.

If you post a status without a photo or video, do the characters
show up properly?

Also, I don't know how to type Russian characters. Can you please
give me some sample text to work with?

Thanks!
BKR

On May 17, 2:46 am, Vladimir Pervouchine <vpervouch...@gmail.com>

Brian Reischl

May 18, 2012, 5:22:00 PM5/18/12
to Glassboard for Android
Vladimir,
The bug with Russian characters should be fixed in the next Android
build that comes out.

BKR

Vladimir Pervouchine

May 19, 2012, 2:14:57 AM5/19/12
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian,

When I post a status without a photo or video, the Russian characters are shown correctly.

Some text for your testing: Тест русских букв

Thank you!
Vladimir.

Erik Weese

May 19, 2012, 12:12:36 PM5/19/12
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
images do not load for profile pics.
Mytouch 4g t mobile

Jenny

May 19, 2012, 3:46:09 PM5/19/12
to Glassboard for Android
Erik,

Are the images quite large? Or, what can happen is the Android client
won't check for new photos for several hours. If by tomorrow you're
not seeing them load, let us know and we'll look into it.

Cheers!

-Jenny