QR codes for invitations...

Jacob Gorny

Nov 4, 2012, 4:09:31 PM11/4/12
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'd like to start advertising glassboard networks on my business cards, but was also wondering if there is integration in the app to pass QR codes scanned by the phone? Are invites unique to email addresses or is it also possible to create a QR code that could be given quickly during network events when you make a really solid contact?

Jenny

Nov 6, 2012, 2:01:26 PM11/6/12
to Glassboard for Android
Hi Jacob!

A board can have a unique invitation code. For a board that you are
the chairperson of (you created it), you can create an invitation code
in the board settings page. From there, you could use a URL like the
following to set your QR Code: https://app.glassboard.com/web/invitation/code/myinvitationcode

I just tested this out and I used this site create the code:
http://qrcode.kaywa.com/

If you'd like, I can create a custom invitation code for you instead
of the auto-generated one. Just shoot me an email at
je...@sepialabs.com with the invite code you'd like and the board ID.
You can find the board ID by viewing the board in the web app. It's at
the end of the URL like so: https://app.glassboard.com/web/app/boards/6f1f6ef8-fe67-4afc-a35e-2257127a86d1

Cheers!