Glassboard very slow to update and notify lately

Mac

May 1, 2013, 9:07:32 PM5/1/13
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
I and my friends who also use Glassboard have found it very slow to update recently. It can take an age to open a board especially if the post contains a photo.
Comments are sometimes slow to post.
This happens a few times a day and on both Android and iPhone.
I've read comments on the Android market that suggest others are having similar issues.

Any idea what the problem is and when we can expect a fix?
Does it affect Premium members also?

I hope it's fixed soon as we love using Glassboard.

Mac

May 2, 2013, 5:58:04 AM5/2/13
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
I also forgot to mention that I often get a message saying "Unable to connect at this time" which results in Glassboard appearing blank.
This happens on both wifi and 3G and has happened to a few people on my boards.
This morning I deleted my boards and setup fresh new one's but am still suffering the same problems.
We have tried moving to the everyme app but we much prefer Glassboard and would like to stay with it if the problems can be resolved.

Many thanks

Brian Reischl

May 2, 2013, 11:20:26 AM5/2/13
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mac,
  I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems. I've seen that a number of times myself, and we've investigated it several times. So far it has turned out to be a problem with the network connection or the phone. In some cases Android will tell me that I'm connected, but it turns out that it's not working right. My old HTC Incredible was notorious for that - it would say I was connected to WiFi all day, but then when I went home there would be 6 hours of emails waiting for me that i hadn't seen.

  So let's check to see if that's the case. Next time you see this problem, can you try some other app that uses the network? Maybe try to send yourself an email, check for new Twitter traffic, or something like that. If the other app works then we can be pretty sure that it's a problem with Glassboard and we can try to track that down. But if the other app doesn't work then it's a problem with the phone or network connection.

Thanks,
BKR

Mac

May 2, 2013, 4:58:24 PM5/2/13
to glassboar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply. I thought this myself but tested it on wifi and 3G and my other browsers and audio streaming work fine and uninterrupted.
I've also got similar reports from friends with iPhone and they expire ancestors similar issues.