Fwd: random feedback

szczepiq

Sep 23, 2009, 2:31:49 AM9/23/09
to givwenz...@googlegroups.com
> I already have the eclipse project
checked in.

Yeah, that's pretty cool. It worked out of the box.

>Do you think I should have just a dependency zip?

We should optimize for user happiness ;) I guess If I was a user I
would like to have:

1. zip-with-dependencies - everything that needs to go to classpath
2. zip-with-demo-project - project to import to eclipse, all the
required jars are bundled
3. jar-all - single jar with inlined dependencies

One other thing I thought of is to get rid of the test.jar. Why can't
we just put some examplary DomainSteps in the core jar? It's cheap and
will make things easier for us and for users.

Cheers,
Szczepan

Sep 23, 2009, 10:07:55 AM9/23/09
to givwenz...@googlegroups.com
Ok, got you on the user thing.  I will work on creating those downloads.

There is a big reason why I do not include the step class examples, conflicts!!!  If the user wanted to have a method with the same annotation or clashing annotation for a step they would be forced to use a different step class package.  I thought this would be very bad.  So it is cheap but I think it could cause users more trouble than benefit.

szczepiq

Sep 23, 2009, 10:23:04 AM9/23/09
to givwenz...@googlegroups.com
> There is a big reason why I do not include the step class examples,
> conflicts!!!

Oh, I see now. Makes sense. Unless we use some specific package for those tests.

The exemplary DomainSteps are extremaly useful for the "project"
bundle. The user can play with them: add new steps, run tests, etc.

Szczepan