Gitx Error after macOS Sierra Update

Shwetabh Sharan

Sep 29, 2016, 8:54:08 AM9/29/16
to gi...@googlegroups.com, frim...@gmail.com
Hi,

After I upgraded to macOS Sierra (10.12), my gitx has stopped working. After I launch gitx from command line, getting the following error.

(venv) Shwetabhs-MacBook-Pro-2:vespa_site shwetabh$ gitx

objc[21232]: Objective-C garbage collection is no longer supported.

Abort trap: 6

Thanks,
Shwetabh

Email Disclaimer: http://www.forgeahead.io/disclaimer/

su...@cloudfactory.com

Oct 7, 2016, 5:25:42 AM10/7/16
to GitX, frim...@gmail.com, shwetab...@forgeahead.io
Hi,

I am facing same issue. Can anyone suggest solution.

Thomas Deniau

Oct 7, 2016, 5:30:59 AM10/7/16

Le 29 sept. 2016 à 14:54, Shwetabh Sharan <shwetab...@forgeahead.io> a écrit :

After I upgraded to macOS Sierra (10.12), my gitx has stopped working. After I launch gitx from command line, getting the following error.

(venv) Shwetabhs-MacBook-Pro-2:vespa_site shwetabh$ gitx
objc[21232]: Objective-C garbage collection is no longer supported.
Abort trap: 6

Sierra does not support garbage collection anymore and the original version of GitX uses it.
As far as I know that original version is not being maintained anymore, so you should switch to another client (GitUp, Fork, Tower…) or use one of the GitX forks such as https://rowanj.github.io/gitx/