Cannot login using dns name only static IP name

justin esher

Mar 2, 2015, 5:32:34 PM3/2/15
to gito...@googlegroups.com
I have installed git on a local server. Everything works fine on my git page, except when I login it just sends me back to the main welcome page and never seems to remember that I just logged in. If however I use the static IP address to access the git site, then I can login and everything works fine.

I have modified my gitorious.yml file to appropriately show the dns server as well as appended the hosts file with the dns name (since I am using a vm).

I used bitnami to build this, and followed everything about setting host names here:

https://wiki.bitnami.com/Applications/BitNami_Gitorious?highlight=gitorious

Still not luck. I image I need to modify some ruby file, but I don't know what to.

Any suggestions?