Error with gitorious-http-backend at install

Iñigo Martínez

Feb 4, 2015, 3:46:41 AM2/4/15
to gito...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I want to give gitorious a try as a personal server to hold my code using a web interface.

I'm trying to install on a debian machine (i know that centos and ubuntu are only supported though), and after cloning the ce-repository and installing it it stops when trying to enable and start gitorious-http-backend. This is exactly the error:

TASK: [gitorious | enable and start gitorious-http-backend] *******************
failed: [localhost] => {"failed": true}
msg: service not found: gitorious-http-backend

FATAL: all hosts have already failed -- aborting

PLAY RECAP ********************************************************************
to retry, use: --limit @/root/install.retry

localhost : ok=31 changed=2 unreachable=0 failed=1

+- Oops, a problem occurred.
+- Usually it happens when there's a network problem (probably timeout during package installation).
+- It is safe to run this script again.

I don't know exactly how to avoid this problem. Actually I'm behing my companys firewall, and i don't know if it has anything to do with this problem or it's just that I'm using an unsupported os.

Any hint on this issue ?

Best regards,

Marcin Litwiński

Feb 16, 2015, 9:54:36 AM2/16/15
to gito...@googlegroups.com
Try this:

sudo ./install.sh

And all should be ok ;)

Iñigo Martínez

Feb 16, 2015, 10:56:13 AM2/16/15
to gito...@googlegroups.com
I was trying the installation with the root user, so no luck.

I have been looking a little bit at the code and it has something to do with the upstart based script. I am using, the now default init system on debian, systemd.

Marcin Litwiński

Feb 16, 2015, 1:06:41 PM2/16/15
to gito...@googlegroups.com

What is in your error log? Just put that all here.

Iñigo Martínez

Feb 19, 2015, 2:22:55 AM2/19/15
to gito...@googlegroups.com
Finally I installed an Ubuntu, I don't have that debian anymore, so I can give you anymore details :(

Artur Asysel

Apr 17, 2015, 5:58:37 AM4/17/15
to gito...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I got the same error message when installing on CentOS release 6.6 (Final) minimal install :

.
.
.
TASK: [gitorious | enable and start gitorious-http-backend] *******************
failed: [localhost] => {"failed": true}
msg: gitorious-http-backend: unrecognized service

FATAL: all hosts have already failed -- aborting

to retry, use: --limit @/root/install.retry

localhost : ok=32 changed=2 unreachable=0 failed=1

Where can I find more information about the error message? - error log install log etc.

Best regards.

Iñigo Martínez

Apr 17, 2015, 6:03:08 AM4/17/15
to gito...@googlegroups.com
I don't recall correctly where I looked, but I think that it had something to do with how services where implemented in Ubuntu. I mean, something related with upstart.

I just ended installing an Ubuntu, sorry :(.