Invalid SSH key

Jacob Atzen

May 21, 2008, 10:25:47 AM5/21/08
to Gitorious
Hi,

First up, thanks a bunch for open sourcing Gitorious, it's very cool!

I'm trying to setup a local gitorious server. When I try to upload my
key I get the "Key is invalid error". It may or may not be related to
the comment at:
http://groups.google.com/group/gitorious/browse_thread/thread/573b7a2abc1ce03b

My key looks as:

ssh-dss AAAAB3NzaC1kc3MAAACBAN2J/
vCyDpLH3eY3Hh9IEMN40LztqofyBr2mcbfNebY0iaFFD5sYmfuna90K654bejhCyoy5j5wzAVHKFU7KHb0Ibc7PJu2kdDsayzKrymFmB7PnXra8BNE82sqfpuDnh3JAsl4u2//0wd83QlfCBo9k8soG8+paZnG/
iJcY0/ThAAAAFQCAFs2EGivDHEhW1v48VVKP9zUMIwAAAIAIaPfk0UnokF7ULOduAXXt/
sFJOizKL2TRpNUXXOL54GRYLPCq6h3PED8CH+dGRB7eRyNuJYhrcamsB2m6CQN
+wyQLpMJ1L+pgr1j8uJb+d5hCPN2P9DQlYk0xLlCOCHjevX2KhKCqe5t9v02BRv8qiWS+hz
+tPcnxI+OS85HvzAAAAIEAmUNe+qWCG3ttt8+oLAysBdiuWjaZoo9TNbKk51UR/
qnmNHLQHAuI+0VZE98FzK7PaGMFhILBXARMz5eXVkGOZ3F+WYGxKfZknI3w3s
+eegqc5VPQr008KjJm7x7ZEF7ziGupwmZ+Az/j6H2Pth5rUmDMEt5ezNJQ3ahqTlXmfNk=

Johan Sørensen

May 21, 2008, 4:40:25 PM5/21/08
to gito...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jacob

For security reasons (and standard-issue paranoia) the key validation
is rather strict, it expects the key to be in a format somewhat
similar to this:

ssh-<algo> <base64 data without linebreaks> <you@somehost>

I'm jotting down a TODO to clarify this a bit more in the UI (as
someone whos name escapes me suggested).

Hope that helps?

Cheers,
JS

Jacob Atzen

May 22, 2008, 9:33:16 AM5/22/08
to gito...@googlegroups.com
Hi JS,

Yes, it helps somewhat, I'm guessing that means I must provide a user@host to the end of my key? I'm not sure why it wasn't added when I generated the key in the first place. Anyways if I'm the only one experiencing this issue the easy way out is for me to just add the required information to the key. Thanks.
--
Med venlig hilsen
- Jacob Atzen