Issues Installing Gitorious on RHEL6

Steve

Jul 21, 2015, 5:24:16 PM7/21/15
to Gitorious
I have been attempting to install GItorious on a virtualbox with RHEL 6 on it, and have not been able to successfully complete installation. Here is the error message I am receiving:

TASK: [gitorious | install logrotate config] **********************************
ok: [localhost]

TASK: [gitorious | install gitorious-shell] ***********************************
failed: [localhost] => {"dest": "/usr/bin/gitorious-shell", "failed": true, "response": "HTTP Error 404: Not Found", "state": "absent", "status_code": 404, "url": "https://bin.gitorious.org/gitorious-proto/v1.0.0/gitorious-shell_linux_amd64"}
msg: Request failed

FATAL: all hosts have already failed -- aborting

PLAY RECAP ********************************************************************
to retry, use: --limit @/root/install.retry

localhost : ok=26 changed=2 unreachable=0 failed=1

+- Oops, a problem occurred.
+- Usually it happens when there's a network problem (probably timeout during package installation).
+- It is safe to run this script again.

Does anyone know what might be going wrong? I pinged the url in the error message and I received a "host unknown" error...

Liam McLennan

Feb 17, 2016, 10:44:51 AM2/17/16
to Gitorious

I'm having the exact same problem. Nothing exists at the specified url so this explains why...did you ever get a resolution to this Steve? Please share if you did!

Lorena Tavares

Sep 13, 2018, 9:36:16 PM9/13/18
to Gitorious
Same here, some solution??