Import data from Excel file

lukyluk...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2016, 7:05:32 AM11/25/16
to Gitools users
Hi everyone,
how can I import a matrix from an Excel file to Gitools? I've already saved the file as .txt, but the program only create a map with only the value in the diagonal

Best regards

Luca

jord...@irbbarcelona.org

Nov 28, 2016, 4:34:33 AM11/28/16
to Gitools users
Hi Luca,

 Gitools can directly open an excel file if you have your data in a "table layout" (ex: row + column + value1).

But if your data has a "matrix layout" (ex: you have one column for each sample) you have first to export as "txt" file, open the txt file with gitools, choose "Data layout is as: Matrix", click "next", change the "data layer name" and click "Finish".

 If you still have problems send me an email with an example of the data that you are trying to import.

Best.