Importing other type of data than genomic data.

João Luiz Baldim

Dec 9, 2016, 6:17:53 AM12/9/16
to Gitools users
Hello everybody.

These days, for curiosity, I'm using the software Gitools for creating heatmaps of Pearson's correlation to make a structure activity relationship profile of some compounds I'm workin on.

I had such a great answers and I'm afraid I want to use the heatmaps for my publication.

My question is: Is it possible/acceptable to use a genomic software to explain my data (non-genomic data) in a structure activity relationship?
If not, could you guys suggest a similar software that make the Analysis Gitools make in a more general way, I mean, not esclusive for genomics?

Thank you very much for your time and attention.

Sincerely, João Baldim

Jordi Deu

Dec 13, 2016, 2:56:43 AM12/13/16
to gitool...@googlegroups.com
Hi João,

Gitools is developed in our research lab. We are a genomics lab, this
is way most of the examples and use cases are genomics related. But
most of the analysis (like the Pearson's correlation) and
visualizations (like heatmaps) are generic and are used in many
different fields. In fact we are really happy to see that gitools is
used in others fields too.

Bests,
Jordi
> --

Jordi Deu-Pons, Software Engineer
Barcelona Biomedical Genomics Lab
Institute for research in Biomedicine (IRB)

http://bbglab.irbbarcelona.org

João Luiz Baldim

Dec 20, 2016, 8:49:13 AM12/20/16
to Gitools users
Thank you very much for your answer!

This software is very nice for my purposes due to the facilitation in data view and interpretation.

You guys should definitely propose a version of this software for general purposes! The correlations, heatmaps and graphs are very user-friendly and useful!!

One more time, I appreciate your answer to me.

Have a gread day!

Sincerely, João!