Mac OS

cgib...@email.mmc.edu

Dec 7, 2017, 2:35:50 PM12/7/17
to Gitools users
Can anyone provide tips for using gitools on the Mac OS?

Jordi Deu

Dec 8, 2017, 1:43:00 AM12/8/17
to gitool...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 we are testing a new installation system using Anaconda. I didn't have time to test it using a mac, but you can give it a try.

First you need to install Anaconda [1], then you have two options to install gitools:

1. Using the command line run: "conda install -c bbglab gitools"
2. Using the Anaconda Navigator [2] add the channel "bbglab"

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 8:35 PM <cgib...@email.mmc.edu> wrote:
Can anyone provide tips for using gitools on the Mac OS?

Jordi Deu-Pons, Software Engineer
Barcelona Biomedical Genomics Lab
Institute for research in Biomedicine (IRB)

cgib...@email.mmc.edu

Jan 4, 2018, 10:54:15 AM1/4/18
to Gitools users
What are the next steps after installation of gitools?

In other words, how can I access gitools through Anaconda.

(Thus far I have:
Select: Environments--> Scroll down to Name--> Select: gitools-->Select: create file

cgib...@email.mmc.edu

Jan 4, 2018, 11:53:07 AM1/4/18
to Gitools users
Update 1/4/17

gitools can be converted from a exe file to a dmg file in WineBottler. However after opening the file, user is prompted to download an older version of JavaRE 1.7.0

Jordi Deu

Jan 8, 2018, 6:55:47 AM1/8/18
to gitool...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

 after installing Anaconda, you run the Anaconda Navigator, you add the "bbglab" channel and it appears a new "gitools" app, where you can click the "install" button the first time, and then you will have the "launch" button to start gitools. Isn't this working for you?

bests,
   Jordi