Deleted rows after uploading to Gitools - file size problem?

Karolina Modzelewska

Jun 21, 2016, 9:05:13 AM6/21/16
to Gitools users
Hello,

after uploading my file in Gitool (CSV file 220 kB, a list of proteins with weighted SC values) I noticed that a big number of rows (proteins) disappeared !
In the original file my data consists of 2114 proteins, but in Gitools I have only 1848 !

Did anybody else have the same problem?
I would be very thankful for advices!

Cheers,
Karolina

Jordi Deu-Pons

Jun 22, 2016, 6:23:53 AM6/22/16
to gitool...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karolina,

may be you have duplicated names (protein ids) as row identifiers.

For example if you have something like this:

col1 col2 col3 col4
row1 11 12 13 14
row2 21 22 23 24
row3 31 32 33 34
row2 41 42 43 44

You will have only three rows because there is one duplicated id (they
must be unique in gitools).

--
a10! i fins aviat.
J:-Deu