Gitolite and SSH Certificates

Aurora

Dec 17, 2021, 8:46:07 PM12/17/21
to gito...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Recently I decided to setup gitolite for my personal servers and since
my everything uses SSH Certificates, I figured I'd use those for
gitolite as well.

I noticed that this specific use-case wasn't documented, but the docs &
some questions on irc made gitolite's ssh-wise functioning fairly clear
and I figured it would work. On testing, it indeed did.

So the attached document is something of a draft for a page documenting
the rough setup and the gitolite-specific steps. My assumption is that
anyone setting up certificates has a fairly good grounding in SSH's use
so it doesn't go into detail about that.
gitolite-notes.md