Take public keys at newline, instead of on EOF

Nick

Sep 19, 2021, 7:56:38 PM9/19/21
to gito...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I have a suggestion in the attached patch. I hope you will consider it.

Thank you :)
0001-Take-public-keys-at-newline-instead-of-on-EOF.patch

Sitaram Chamarty

Sep 22, 2021, 7:53:13 AM9/22/21
to Nick, gito...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 11:56:34PM +0000, Nick wrote:
> Hello, I have a suggestion in the attached patch. I hope you will consider it.

I'd prefer to have the safe part still around.

Since this is an extremely rarely used feature, and requires
manual input anyway, I was thinking you could forget about the
efficiency of reading in chunks of 4096 till eof, and instead
read a single character at a time until a newline appears, while
also sticking to a limit of 4096.

Perhaps you could try that? Would involve a loop inside
safe_stdin(), and the main routine would not need any changes.

sitaram