Only repo 'testing' seen if authentication in nginx per auth_basic

Axel Rau

Jan 31, 2024, 3:07:40 PMJan 31
to gito...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

after migrating gitolite installation to different host, strange things happen.

ssh access works.
Web access via IP range worls perfectly (shows all repos).
Web access via auth_basic shows only repo testing.

From nginx.conf:

satisfy any;
allow 2001:14f8::/32;
auth_basic "RESTRICTED ACCESS";
auth_basic_user_file passwd;
deny all;

How can the auth method be communicated to the gitolite script ?
Environment dump attached.

Any help appreciated,
Axel

environment.txt

Axel Rau

Jan 31, 2024, 5:09:50 PMJan 31
to gito...@googlegroups.com
http header info is transfered via cgi.
We used mail addresses as user names, but the script receives only local part (w/o domain).
We use now ssh user names and everything works fine, even with no access of gitweb.

Thanks for your reading,
Axel

<environment.txt>
---
PGP-Key: CDE74120  ☀ mobile: +49 160 7568212
computing @ chaos claudius

---