Gitolite mirror created empty git repo in slave and when i switched slave to master I dont see any content

suvro roy

Apr 16, 2020, 12:42:55 AM4/16/20
to gitolite
Hi,

I configured Gitolite mirroring in production. The application was connected to Master. Then we swapped the master and slave git server. Made the application point to the new master which was slave earlier. Now in current master we see one repo to be empty. How is that possible?

In the giolite logs I see after mirroring it created empty repos. Why the contents did not get synced for that repo?
My mirror config was correct. When I pushed a file into gitolite-admin repo the file got mirrored to slave.

In the old master the file contents are intact. Why the repo did not get synced I am not getting.

Also how do I sync the repo in new master so that it can have content instead of being empty.

Sitaram Chamarty

Apr 16, 2020, 12:12:08 PM4/16/20
to suvro roy, gitolite
On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 03:56:33AM -0700, suvro roy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I configured Gitolite mirroring in production. The application was
> connected to Master. Then we swapped the master and slave git server. Made

What exactly does "swapped" mean here? Which section of the
documentation did you follow?

> the application point to the new master which was slave earlier. Now in
> current master we see one repo to be empty. How is that possible?
>
> In the giolite logs I see after mirroring it created empty repos. Why the

when exactly were these empty repos created? Before or after
you swapped master and slave?