Gitolite logs to redis?

Rod

Jan 5, 2022, 10:02:47 AM1/5/22
to gito...@googlegroups.com
Before I roll up my sleeves and dust off my 20 year old Perl knowledge I wanted to know if there is already a way to send the logs to redis?

Any advice on doing this?  I looked at the source and it seems fairly straight forward.

Sitaram Chamarty

Jan 5, 2022, 10:17:39 AM1/5/22
to Rod, gito...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 03, 2022 at 12:10:04PM -0800, Rod wrote:
> Before I roll up my sleeves and dust off my 20 year old Perl knowledge I wanted to know if there is already a way to send the logs to redis?
>
> Any advice on doing this? I looked at the source and it seems fairly straight forward.

Sorry don't know much about redis -- used it a couple of times
some years ago but only as a temp store for some cross-app data.

I never thought it could overlap with the functions of a "log
server" TBH.

go for it; but I can't promise to include the code in the
shipped version -- depends on what kind of changes it
makes/requires. Gitolite has "core" code and "non-core" code,
and I generally resist new core code unless it benefits a lot of
users.

regards
sitaram

ref: