Trigger warning

Mauritz Stenek

Jun 12, 2023, 1:44:38 AM6/12/23
to gito...@googlegroups.com

Testing triggers with `gitolite trigger POST_CREATE`, I get this
warning (verbatim):

```
WARNING: Use of uninitialized value $repo in concatenation (.) or
string at /usr/share/gitolite3/lib/Gitolite/Conf/Load.pm line 252,
<DATA> line 1.
```

which seems to be an internal gitolite issue.

--
Mauritz Stenek <mst...@disroot.org>

Sitaram Chamarty

Jun 12, 2023, 5:32:35 AM6/12/23
to Mauritz Stenek, gito...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jun 11, 2023 at 11:39:54PM -0600, 'Mauritz Stenek' via gitolite wrote:

> Testing triggers with `gitolite trigger POST_CREATE`, I get this warning
> (verbatim):
>
> ```
> WARNING: Use of uninitialized value $repo in concatenation (.) or string at
> /usr/share/gitolite3/lib/Gitolite/Conf/Load.pm line 252, <DATA> line 1.
> ```
>
> which seems to be an internal gitolite issue.

You need to add a reponame as argument; see the required
arguments in the POST_CREATE entry in
https://gitolite.com/gitolite/triggers.html#trigger-specific-arguments-and-other-details

TBH you should not need to run "gitolite trigger POST_CREATE"
manually; you should set up the trigger so that when a repo is
created it runs automatically.

https://gitolite.com/gitolite/triggers.html#adding-your-own-scripts-to-a-trigger
is about that, and in fact uses POST_CREATE as an example.

(In your code, remember the 1st argument will be the literal
string POST_CREATE, the _second_ one will be the repo name)

sitaram