How to reset user password while using gitit locally?

Anh Le

Feb 15, 2017, 3:45:20 PM2/15/17
to gitit-discuss
I only use gitit locally with localhost:5001. When I tried to reset the password, I got the following error

Happstack 7.4.6.2

Something went wrong here
Internal server error
Everything has stopped

The error was "sendmail: readCreateProcessWithExitCode: runInteractiveProcess: exec: does not exist (No such file or directory)"

which makes sense because I have not set up any email capability. So how do I change my password?

John MacFarlane

Feb 16, 2017, 6:25:19 AM2/16/17
to gitit-...@googlegroups.com
Password reset works by sending you an email. Otherwise
anyone colud reset your password... So it won't work unless
your server can send mail.

Using locally, you could just manually delete the relevant
entry from the passwords database file (gitit-users).
Remove everything within parens, including the parens,
in the relevant part of the entry.

Or if you're the only user, just delete this file,
run gitit again, and register for an account again.

+++ Anh Le [Feb 15 17 12:45 ]:
> --
>
>References
>
> 1. mailto:gitit-discus...@googlegroups.com
> 2. mailto:gitit-...@googlegroups.com
> 3. https://groups.google.com/group/gitit-discuss
> 4. https://groups.google.com/d/optout

Anh Le

Feb 17, 2017, 4:43:26 PM2/17/17
to gitit-discuss
Thank you for taking the time to answer -- I realize in hindsight this was a dumb question.