A plugin for detecting stale documents

Sterling Hanenkamp

May 19, 2017, 1:22:15 PM5/19/17
to gitit-discuss
One problem I'm having with gitit is the lack of a "last updated" date on the page. When you have a bunch of internal documentation stored in a wiki, they docs inevitably go stale.

Is there a way to put the date of the current revision in the page somehow?

Ideally, I'd like to have a banner that shows up on older pages warning visitors when a page is more than a few months old so visitors either know the page should be updated or that the information may not be reliable anymore.

Cheers.

John MacFarlane

May 23, 2017, 3:42:07 AM5/23/17
to 'Sterling Hanenkamp' via gitit-discuss
It would definitely be possible to add this feature, but it
would require code changes. At the moment I'm too busy with
other things, but maybe someone else would be interested
in this project.

+++ 'Sterling Hanenkamp' via gitit-discuss [May 19 17 10:22 ]:
> --
>
>References
>
> 1. mailto:gitit-discus...@googlegroups.com
> 2. mailto:gitit-...@googlegroups.com
> 3. https://groups.google.com/group/gitit-discuss
> 4. https://groups.google.com/d/optout

Sterling Hanenkamp

May 23, 2017, 5:50:41 PM5/23/17
to 'Sterling Hanenkamp' via gitit-discuss
I'd be willing to take a crack at the coding if someone can give me some suggestions on where to start.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "gitit-discuss" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/gitit-discuss.