uses of header attributes (in PDF)

Steve Herrick

Jun 9, 2017, 3:34:56 PM6/9/17
to gitit-discuss
I'm reading up on how header attributes work. When exporting to HTML, it's all quite clear. When exporting to PDF, not so much. I see where the documentation says that headers in markdown are turned into labels in LaTeX, but I can't find any examples or documentation on what to do with those labels. The LaTeX docs describe \label as being a reference to an image or figure elsewhere in document, but that's not an especially interesting use to me. Can anything more useful than a number be passed through?

Thanks.

John MacFarlane

Jun 9, 2017, 4:23:39 PM6/9/17
to gitit-...@googlegroups.com
Pandoc will create PDF hyperlinks (assuming you're using a
recent version). To link to a header

# My header

you can do either

See [My header]

or

See [the header above](#my-header)

You can also manually specify the identifier if you like:

# My header #header

+++ Steve Herrick [Jun 09 17 12:34 ]: