Previewing changes without commiting

Conal Elliott

Sep 19, 2016, 4:09:48 PM9/19/16
to gitit-...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to preview edits in a gitit wiki without have to git-commit first?

I've been using an increasingly elaborate set-up to let me preview edits, and I'd like drop the whole thing if I can.

-- Conal

Henning Thielemann

Sep 19, 2016, 4:13:16 PM9/19/16
to gitit-...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, 19 Sep 2016, Conal Elliott wrote:

> Is there a way to preview edits in a gitit wiki without have to git-commit first?
> I've been using an increasingly elaborate set-up to let me preview edits, and I'd like drop the whole thing if I can.

So far, I used 'git commit --amend' to update and replace the last commit.

John MacFarlane

Sep 19, 2016, 4:18:58 PM9/19/16
to gitit-...@googlegroups.com
Isn't there a preview button? It's been a while since I
used gitit, but that was my recollection.

+++ Conal Elliott [Sep 19 16 13:09 ]:
> --
>
>References
>
> 1. mailto:gitit-discus...@googlegroups.com
> 2. mailto:gitit-...@googlegroups.com
> 3. https://groups.google.com/group/gitit-discuss
> 4. https://groups.google.com/d/optout

Conal Elliott

John MacFarlane

Sep 20, 2016, 4:52:21 AM9/20/16
to gitit-...@googlegroups.com
Ah, well that's different. You could custom-build
something, probably, using functions from
Network.Gitit.ContentTransformer (pageToWikiPandoc,
pandocToHtml).

+++ Conal Elliott [Sep 19 16 16:21 ]:
> Help.page suggests that there's a preview button on for editing via the
> web interface, but I do all of my editing in Emacs.
>
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 1:18 PM, John MacFarlane <[1]j...@berkeley.edu>
> wrote:
>
> Isn't there a preview button? It's been a while since I
> used gitit, but that was my recollection.
> +++ Conal Elliott [Sep 19 16 13:09 ]:
>
> Is there a way to preview edits in a gitit wiki without have to
> git-commit first?
> I've been using an increasingly elaborate set-up to let me preview
> edits, and I'd like drop the whole thing if I can.
> -- Conal
>
> --
> roup/gitit-discuss.
> References
> 1. mailto:[6]gitit-discus...@googlegroups.com
> 2. mailto:[7]gitit-...@googlegroups.com
> 3. [8]https://groups.google.com/group/gitit-discuss
> 4. [9]https://groups.google.com/d/optout
>
> --
> p/gitit-discuss.
>
> --
>
>References
>
> 1. mailto:j...@berkeley.edu
> 2. mailto:gitit-discus...@googlegroups.com
> 3. mailto:gitit-...@googlegroups.com
> 4. https://groups.google.com/group/gitit-discuss
> 5. https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> 6. mailto:gitit-discus...@googlegroups.com
> 7. mailto:gitit-...@googlegroups.com
> 8. https://groups.google.com/group/gitit-discuss
> 9. https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> 10. mailto:gitit-discus...@googlegroups.com
> 11. mailto:gitit-...@googlegroups.com
> 12. https://groups.google.com/group/gitit-discuss
> 13. https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> 14. mailto:gitit-discus...@googlegroups.com
> 15. mailto:gitit-...@googlegroups.com
> 16. https://groups.google.com/group/gitit-discuss
> 17. https://groups.google.com/d/optout

Conal Elliott

Sep 20, 2016, 2:11:40 PM9/20/16
to gitit-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Henning. I could probably work that trick into an easy Emacs-based workflow.

Conal Elliott

Sep 20, 2016, 2:12:15 PM9/20/16
to gitit-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the pointers, John. I'll look into it.

  wrote:

    Isn't there a preview button?  It's been a while since I
    used gitit, but that was my recollection.
    +++ Conal Elliott [Sep 19 16 13:09 ]:

    Is there a way to preview edits in a gitit wiki without have to
    git-commit first?
    I've been using an increasingly elaborate set-up to let me preview
    edits, and I'd like drop the whole thing if I can.
    -- Conal

      Visit this group at [3][4]https://groups.google.com/g
    roup/gitit-discuss.