Changes to static/css/custom.css having no effect.

David Banas

Dec 20, 2018, 7:29:05 PM12/20/18
to gitit-discuss
I'm trying to customize the appearance of my Gitit wiki, by making changes to static/css/custom.css, but my changes are having no effect.
For instance, as a really gross test, I did this:

p, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, ul, ol {
    font-family: serif;
    font-style: italic;
}

However, I'm still seeing my headers rendered in sans-serif, non-italic font.

Any help would be most appreciated. :)

John MacFarlane

Dec 21, 2018, 1:16:14 AM12/21/18
to David Banas, gitit-discuss

Page titles have a special class .pageTitle on them;
that may be why you're not seeing anything...

David Banas <capn....@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm trying to customize the appearance of my *Gitit* wiki, by making
> changes to static/css/custom.css, but my changes are having no effect.
> For instance, as a really gross test, I did this:
>
> p, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, ul, ol {
> font-family: serif;
> font-style: italic;
> }
>

> However, I'm still seeing my headers rendered in sans-serif, non-italic
> font.
>
> Any help would be most appreciated. :)

David Banas

Dec 21, 2018, 10:49:41 AM12/21/18
to gitit-discuss
Thanks, John.

Please, disregard this topic.
The problem turned out to be a caching issue with my browser (Safari).
In case anyone else wanders down the same path:

  • The latest version of Safari is missing the Empty Caches option from the Safari menu.
  • That menu item now lives under the Develop menu, which isn't normally present.
  • You can add the Develop menu, via the Safari => Preferences => Advanced dialog.
  • Note: Until you do add the Develop menu the Cmd-Opt-E key combo does NOTHING!
    (Once you add Develop, that key combo empties the caches.)
-db