command to tell if there is work on master that needs release to production?

vieu...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2014, 12:24:37 AM8/21/14
to gitflo...@googlegroups.com
I've a large number of repos, and its easy for me to lose track of which have commits on master that aren't on production.

The naive things I tried don't work.

Checking for a tag on head of master doesn't work... the tags are on production.

Checking for commits on master that aren't on production doesn't work... because production is always merged to master after tagging, there is always at least one more commit on master than production.

git fetch; git log --oneline --no-merges origin/production...origin/master does pretty good, and with some wrapping I can get a one-line "needs release/doesn't need release" from that.

This would seem to be a common problem, is there a command I am missing that reports state of master vs production?

A really nice one would also report any existing release branches that haven't been merged to production...

Ellis Antaya

Aug 21, 2014, 8:27:19 AM8/21/14
to gitflo...@googlegroups.com, gitflo...@googlegroups.com
have you tried this command:
git diff origin/master..orgin/production

---
Ellis
(Sent from my iPod)