How to "bump version number"

Swish

Sep 29, 2010, 7:23:19 PM9/29/10
to gitflow-users
I just started using git flow and after creating my first branch
(which happened to be a hotfix) I see this message:

-------------------------
Switched to a new branch 'hotfix/add_press_releases'

Summary of actions:
- A new branch 'hotfix/add_press_releases' was created, based on
'master'
- You are now on branch 'hotfix/add_press_releases'

Follow-up actions:
- Bump the version number now!
- Start committing your hot fixes
- When done, run:

git flow hotfix finish 'add_press_releases'"
---------------------------

Now how do I go about bumping the version number? Is that something
that git flow tracks or do I have to do it manually? How does that
work?

Terin Stock

Sep 29, 2010, 7:59:56 PM9/29/10
to gitflo...@googlegroups.com
It's referring to the version number of your application. For example, as an OSX developer, in the "Info.plist" of my application, is a field called "Bundle Version", that should be bumped to whatever I decide to call the new version of my application.

--
#Terin Stock
Undergraduate, Computer Science (CISE), University of Florida

Vincent Driessen

Sep 30, 2010, 6:16:55 AM9/30/10
to gitflo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Swish,

It's merely a reminder, so you don't forget to do it. It is not required for git-flow, nor is the version number tracked by git-flow. But in almost every case, you may want to update your application's version number somewhere in a file.

Cheers,
Vincent

illuminatiu...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2017, 10:52:57 AM1/1/17
to gitflow-users

my name is JAMES ADODO ,i want to thankFRANK ADAMS,for making me rich, powerful and connected in my line of business today....after i finish serving my oga, and my oga never want to settle me instead of him to settle me he was posting me 6 months coming after the expire of 6 months he promise another 4 months,in fact i was still working for him thinking he want the best for me not knowing he want to set me up with his wife,we where in the shop one day when he told me that his wife is sick at home that i should go and give her drugs at home not knowing that my oga was following me in my back, that i must set and watch her taking the drugs before coming,so i went home getting home i meet my madam lieing down in her room and i gave her the drugs to eat and i stand watching her to take the drugs as i was living the room my oga work inside and start betting me not even allow me to say anything before i could know my oga called the police to arrest me,when we get to the station my madam said i wanted to rape her 'to God be the Glory her husband work inside' when the police here that, they started calling me rapiest,and dump me inside cell for 3 weeks after the 3 weeks nobody came to look for me because i was given no chance to call my family,it was one faithful day one of the police told me if i dont have any person to ball me i said yes,that non of my family and friends know that i have been arrested,it was then the police feet pity for me and gave me his phone and i called my friend he came and ball me out of the police station.when i get home i was having no work to do,after some months i went to see one of our suppl yer then for assistance he said he cannot render any assistance to me that,he want to teach me how to fish not him given me fish to eat,i was so surprise he gave me this email illuminatiunitedchurch@gmail.com and this phone number +2349057659337 and the name is FRANK ADAMS,when i get home i called FRANK ADAMS on this number and i explain everything to him he said ok,he told me what to provide which i provide immediately,after 4 weeks i became very rich,as i speck now i travel round the country for business transaction i have a very big whorehouse shop in ABUJA,ONICHA,LAGOS,IBADAN,and ABA my home town, THAT IS WHY I ALWAYS SAY THANKS YOU FRANK ADAMS FROM ILLUMINATI. please for those of you who have suffer and want to become rich you can call FRANK ADAMS on this number +2349057659337
illuminati grand use.jpg